JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking all over and can't seem to find what I need. I am looking for a +1 extension that will fit a Remington 870 20 Gauge. I have looked at Wilson Combat, Nordic Components and Choate and have come up empty handed. I am now asking the experts. Anyone know what I can find one of these?

I don't think you will find a 1+. An extension is a lot of work to make and a single round increase isn't likely to be popular, especially in 20ga.

I thought as much, but with a 14" barrel I can't go more than a plus one.
I'm just guessing that now that the 14" Tubes are more common, one of two things is likely to happen. The Factory will be extending the Magazines or the Aftermarket folks will work out something. That being said, I'm also pretty sure the 20ga. products will be last in Line. Lighter 12ga. Loads are available that still offer more than a 20ga. so, the 20ga. doesn't make much sense.

Get her a 12ga. and go with the lighter loads but ONLY if she really needs them. Don't Assume:rolleyes: she can't handle the 12ga. One of my last Hunter Ed Classes had a 8-1/2 month "Mommy to Be" and at 120lbs. she handled the 12ga. just like she did the .44 Magnum.

And just in case, you ever need to use those things, then you won't have to waste time making sure you have the right Ammo.

20 gauge 870's are a lovely little gun for the field but a defence gun needs to be a 12 gauge. I built my wife a magnificent little Remington M17 that is another small frame 20 gauge but it isn't what we would take to a gunfight. Recoil equals energy on the target. She would not even notice the recoil if she had to use the gun For real.

She has shot my 12 guage with reduced recoil buckshot and did not enjoy it.
Had she Fired a 20ga.? Unless the 20ga. is Built on the 12ga. frame which would make it heavier and thus less felt Recoil it's going to be just as punishing as the 12ga. You might want to consider a Gas Gun like the 11-87. Just tossing out suggestions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top