JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$350
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
State
Oregon
Remington 788 308
2 clips
took in on trade, I don't know much about it but 788's are known to be good shooters

prefer transfers through TJ's in McMinnville
Buyer responsible for all fees

788.jpg 788 2.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
If you were closer, I would buy this. I have a 788 in 243. With the stock trigger, the cheapest ammo I could buy, and a no name japanese 4x fixed scope, it shot under an inch at 100 yards the first time I shot it. Had one in a .22-250 as well. Been wanting the .308 but don't make it up that way much.

Great gun. I put a lotta meat in the pot in my lifetime with one of these. Started at 12 yrs old. Fit good and lightweight. Stocks are beautiful under the stain job. Strip and refinish. If I didn't already have one I would be on this like stink on you know what!!! Would love one in .243. Someday GLWS this wont last long

Front sight on it? Have rear sight?
Which barrel length, assuming 22" and not carbine pictures don't show full length.
Are mags marked 308 only on side or what is the markings ?

no rear site (numrich $12.50) mags are marked 308 only barrel from muzzel to action lug is 20.5. hope this answers your questions , if not please feel free to ask.
thanks, Bill

This was the first rifle i ever bought with my own money! I went on to collect 788's as they are great rifles. Remington actually quit making them as they hurt the sale on the ADL's and even Bdls as they came with iron sites, drop box mags and the barrels were great as they shoot lights out with factory type ammo!

Cant quite see the metal finish on the barrel etc. what kind of condition is the metal in? Surface rust or ??? Thanks

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.