JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
lake stevens
State
Washington
Zip Code
30-06 semi auto. Made in the late 1970's. Lots of nice carving on the stock!

These make good hunting rifles but they are not known to be super accurate. Good enough for hunting but not competition.
Comes with 2 (two) Removable magazine holding 4 rounds.

I bought this off someone on the forum several years ago. It's been to the range once and otherwise has sat in the safe. These were only made for a couple of years so are somewhat collectible.
Comes with upgraded scope, the factory sent these out with a cheap Barska 3-9x40.
The scope mounted on it is a Nikon Monarch BDC 2.5-10x42 (maybe a x44). Nice scope!

Other special feature. This is a right-handed action with a lefty stock mounted. Previous owner shot it right-handed with a stock cover to get a cheek weld. I used it shooting left. So, for the lefties out there this might be a great hunting option. I can actually shoot from both sides would have no problems hunting with this.

Bought it originally for Elk hunting so I had something heavier than my 270. Never really used it as I either Muzzle load hunt or use the 270 or a lever action for the bush. Therefore, this one can find a new home.

Asking $700 which is what I paid for it and the new scope or OBO. Will travel to you as needed to make the exchange easier if necessary

NOTE: If the transfer is up here or I deliver Buyer will be able to purchase hunting and other 30-06 ammo at my cost. Probably as much as they want.

More than happy to consider trades. Ammo in many calibers works. Gold/Silver coins work. Other hunting rifles may be of interest. What else do you have?
If this needs to be mailed make sure your FFL will accept from a non-FFL.
Preferred FFL transfer at Sound Loan in Everett.

rem742 left.jpg rem742 right.jpg rem742 scope.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Hello was wondering if is still available? I am new to this site so I have not figured out how to post pics but I have a 1956 model 70 that was born 300 H&H But was rechambered 300 Weatherby magnum. It is engraved on top of the barrel, floor plate, and trigger guard. it has been drilled and tapped for scope. It also has custom inlaid stock really nice just too big for me. Also, have a Browning gold hunter 12gauge 3" chamber. also 500 rounds of .45 auto 230gr fmj. Also 500 rounds .9mm 115gr fmj I live local Issaquah let me know. I can send pics or maybe meet up if you are interested.

Hello was wondering if is still available? I am new to this site so I have not figured out how to post pics but I have a 1956 model 70 that was born 300 H&H But was rechambered 300 Weatherby magnum. It is engraved on top of the barrel, floor plate, and trigger guard. it has been drilled and tapped for scope. It also has custom inlaid stock really nice just too big for me. Also, have a Browning gold hunter 12gauge 3" chamber. also 500 rounds of .45 auto 230gr fmj. Also 500 rounds .9mm 115gr fmj I live local Issaquah let me know. I can send pics or maybe meet up if you are interested.
Yes, it's still available. Let's take this to a private message. I will send you a message and we can discuss further.
that is the best way to handle things. No problem. deal with lots of newbies. Welcome to the site.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.