Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington 721, 30.06 stock question

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Silver Fox, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if a REM 721 long action will fit a REM 700 long action stock?

I would like to use my Grandfathers rifle next year and the trigger is so smooth.

SF-

2. Silver Fox

OOOOOppppsssss...... Hey Mods- I thought I had posted under weapons discussion in the rifle shotgun section, can you a help brother out and move this thread to the proper section?

SF-

3. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

Sort of, depends.

You will have to inlet the stock for the safety in a different position. The barrel channel will need a clearance cut for the rear sight bulge on the 721 barrel. The bolt handle is different and may need a little clearance work.

If you are using an 700 ADL stock, the 700 trigger guard will work. If you have a 700 BDL stock, the BDL guard and floorplate will work but are expensive. The 721 guard/floorplate will sort of work in the BDL stock but may need spacer, gap fillers, etc. The magazine box may work or may need to be shortened a bit.

Do you have a stock already? An ADL style will be easier and better looking.

Bruce

4. Silver Fox

Thanks for the know-how but I think I will go back to plan A, get another rifle in .30-06.

Thanks,

SF-