Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 721, 30.06 stock question

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Silver Fox, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if a REM 721 long action will fit a REM 700 long action stock?

I would like to use my Grandfathers rifle next year and the trigger is so smooth.

SF-

2. Silver Fox

OOOOOppppsssss...... Hey Mods- I thought I had posted under weapons discussion in the rifle shotgun section, can you a help brother out and move this thread to the proper section?

SF-

3. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

Sort of, depends.

You will have to inlet the stock for the safety in a different position. The barrel channel will need a clearance cut for the rear sight bulge on the 721 barrel. The bolt handle is different and may need a little clearance work.

If you are using an 700 ADL stock, the 700 trigger guard will work. If you have a 700 BDL stock, the BDL guard and floorplate will work but are expensive. The 721 guard/floorplate will sort of work in the BDL stock but may need spacer, gap fillers, etc. The magazine box may work or may need to be shortened a bit.

Do you have a stock already? An ADL style will be easier and better looking.

Bruce

4. Silver Fox

Thanks for the know-how but I think I will go back to plan A, get another rifle in .30-06.

Thanks,

SF-