JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Noob question here guys and gals, neighbor bought a new TriggerTech diamond trigger to upgrade in his stock Remington 700 action, but it doesn't have a bolt release. Are those triggers specifically made for custom actions or is there a work around for a bolt release. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20190307-215959_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190307-215959_Samsung Internet.jpg Never would have guessed it wouldn't have one. This was a screenshot from their website about it.

I have another Remington question. I have a Remington 700 SP with a 20" heavy barrel in a .223. Nothing is marked on the barrel as to what the rate of twist is. I wondered if someone familiar with Remington products might know? Attempted using some Hornady 53 grain AMax, but it isn't grouping as tight as I believe it should be. I'm thinking perhaps it would do better with heavier bullets, and maybe the 53 gr. were a bit on the light side, but don't know where a good place to start would be. Another in the same caliber with a non factory barrel, 1 in 14 twist, can do ten shots in an inch on good day with 40 grain Noslers and 28 grains of BL2 being it's favorite.

I have another Remington question. I have a Remington 700 SP with a 20" heavy barrel in a .223. Nothing is marked on the barrel as to what the rate of twist is. I wondered if someone familiar with Remington products might know? Attempted using some Hornady 53 grain AMax, but it isn't grouping as tight as I believe it should be. I'm thinking perhaps it would do better with heavier bullets, and maybe the 53 gr. were a bit on the light side, but don't know where a good place to start would be. Another in the same caliber with a non factory barrel, 1 in 14 twist, can do ten shots in an inch on good day with 40 grain Noslers and 28 grains of BL2 being it's favorite.
I started a thread on rifle barrel twist. You can go there for discussion

Noob question here guys and gals, neighbor bought a new TriggerTech diamond trigger to upgrade in his stock Remington 700 action, but it doesn't have a bolt release. Are those triggers specifically made for custom actions or is there a work around for a bolt release. Thanks in advance.
Probably need to get a Timney. They have bolt releases.

Dan

The website for the Diamond trigger states it is for clones of the 700 action and does not provide a bolt release. You can probably list it in the classifieds for your neighbor while he shops for a compatible trigger from Jewel, Timney, Rifle Basix, Shilen, and other manufacturers including Triggertech just not the Diamond model.

Last Edited:
I have a Remington 700 SPT with a 20" Heavy Barrel. 223 Rem The barrel is not marked any where as to what twist it has. It has a parkerized finish and a composite stock. Printed information about it also does not list it. They also make this police model in 308 and a same length barrel. Does any one know that information, or does Remington have a phone number with customer information?

I have a Remington 700 SPT with a 20" Heavy Barrel. 223 Rem The barrel is not marked any where as to what twist it has. It has a parkerized finish and a composite stock. Printed information about it also does not list it. They also make this police model in 308 and a same length barrel. Does any one know that information, or does Remington have a phone number with customer information?
You are better off measuring it yourself. We moved the thread on twist rate to its own section. Take a look there. It's pretty easy. With 223 there are multiple barrel twists in the market and checking yourself is the sure way to know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top