JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Noob question here guys and gals, neighbor bought a new TriggerTech diamond trigger to upgrade in his stock Remington 700 action, but it doesn't have a bolt release. Are those triggers specifically made for custom actions or is there a work around for a bolt release. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20190307-215959_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190307-215959_Samsung Internet.jpg Never would have guessed it wouldn't have one. This was a screenshot from their website about it.

I have another Remington question. I have a Remington 700 SP with a 20" heavy barrel in a .223. Nothing is marked on the barrel as to what the rate of twist is. I wondered if someone familiar with Remington products might know? Attempted using some Hornady 53 grain AMax, but it isn't grouping as tight as I believe it should be. I'm thinking perhaps it would do better with heavier bullets, and maybe the 53 gr. were a bit on the light side, but don't know where a good place to start would be. Another in the same caliber with a non factory barrel, 1 in 14 twist, can do ten shots in an inch on good day with 40 grain Noslers and 28 grains of BL2 being it's favorite.

I have another Remington question. I have a Remington 700 SP with a 20" heavy barrel in a .223. Nothing is marked on the barrel as to what the rate of twist is. I wondered if someone familiar with Remington products might know? Attempted using some Hornady 53 grain AMax, but it isn't grouping as tight as I believe it should be. I'm thinking perhaps it would do better with heavier bullets, and maybe the 53 gr. were a bit on the light side, but don't know where a good place to start would be. Another in the same caliber with a non factory barrel, 1 in 14 twist, can do ten shots in an inch on good day with 40 grain Noslers and 28 grains of BL2 being it's favorite.
I started a thread on rifle barrel twist. You can go there for discussion

Noob question here guys and gals, neighbor bought a new TriggerTech diamond trigger to upgrade in his stock Remington 700 action, but it doesn't have a bolt release. Are those triggers specifically made for custom actions or is there a work around for a bolt release. Thanks in advance.
Probably need to get a Timney. They have bolt releases.

Dan

The website for the Diamond trigger states it is for clones of the 700 action and does not provide a bolt release. You can probably list it in the classifieds for your neighbor while he shops for a compatible trigger from Jewel, Timney, Rifle Basix, Shilen, and other manufacturers including Triggertech just not the Diamond model.

Last Edited:
I have a Remington 700 SPT with a 20" Heavy Barrel. 223 Rem The barrel is not marked any where as to what twist it has. It has a parkerized finish and a composite stock. Printed information about it also does not list it. They also make this police model in 308 and a same length barrel. Does any one know that information, or does Remington have a phone number with customer information?

I have a Remington 700 SPT with a 20" Heavy Barrel. 223 Rem The barrel is not marked any where as to what twist it has. It has a parkerized finish and a composite stock. Printed information about it also does not list it. They also make this police model in 308 and a same length barrel. Does any one know that information, or does Remington have a phone number with customer information?
You are better off measuring it yourself. We moved the thread on twist rate to its own section. Take a look there. It's pretty easy. With 223 there are multiple barrel twists in the market and checking yourself is the sure way to know.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top