JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking into upgrading my rem 700 aac. I can't justify spending $900 on a manners when it doesn't include all that I desire. So I have played around with the idea of a krg xray but I don't know if that $600 worth of plastic.
I'm looking for something with a adjustable length of pull and cheek riser. But most importantly something that already excepts mags. I'm very new to the bolt action scene, so I don't need anything spectacular just functional. And I really don't want to spend a couple of grand to get it shooting half inch groups. Otherwise I'll cut my losses and sell it to fund a GAP lol.

I have a Bell & Carlson and love it. Check out their style 5. RedHawks will also inlet and install a DBM. They did for me.

<broken link removed>

Also check out the Magpul Hunter.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...-short-action-with-aluminum-bed-block-polymer

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/42...ble-magazine-well-with-magazine-polymer-black
The b&c might be a good way to go. I do like the magpul but I'm worried about flex.
Any experience with the hs m40?

Manners does have the DBM-Mini Chassis worth looking into. But after you add the price in, the total price is close to what an AICS is, I think.

The KRG X-ray is solid: http://8541tactical.com/2015/01/16/kinetic-research-group-x-ray-chassis-review/
I actually was on the krg website last night but they are all sold out of the xray for the rem 700. After seeing the one nutnfancy used on his Tika t3 dipped in Multicam I found what I wanted.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-20-15-51.png

You could try MasterClass stocks. I run a modified F class Prone with 3/4 toe on several rifles. Depending on options, you can come in under the $600 range, though likely when you see what can be done you will likely go all out! I have had great luck with these stocks and they are a first rate company to work with. Alex Sitman is really a nice guy and can custom fit just about any thing if he can get the specs. I just had one of these made to fit a Savage M10 .338 lapua Mag. The best part is that you get to finnish your stock just the way you like! These are more for target shoting then Tactical, but I prefer them for the heft and solid feel!

I have rifles with both a Mcree chassis and a KRG X-Ray chassis. Both are well made and have been extremely accurate. If I had to pick one I'd say the X-ray. It's very light for a chassis and ajusted very well ergonomincs wise. I really like the very vertical grip and thumb shelf, I also have the spigot bipod mount so it has a very long stable footprint. My only complaint would be that the butt doesn't fold like my Mcree. It can be hard to get a cleaning rod over the recoil pad if it's adjusted too high. It replaced a B&C M40 type stock and I wouldn't go back. B&C is good for the money but if you can swing it go for something better. The mcree is also very nice but very heavy, don't plan on carrying it around all day.

chassis%20rifles_zpsirwcxmhw.jpg

To me the Mcree seems to be a little long between the grip and trigger. Maybe I have smaller hands? The grip on there now I picked specifically to get my hand closer to the trigger. It works okay and I shoot it well but the X-ray fits me perfectly.

To me the Mcree seems to be a little long between the grip and trigger. Maybe I have smaller hands? The grip on there now I picked specifically to get my hand closer to the trigger. It works okay and I shoot it well but the X-ray fits me perfectly.
Once the xray comes back in stock I'll probably buy one.

What do you guys recommend for a trigger? I want something durable mostly . And I'm ok with a 3.25lb trigger pull. Nothing lighter that 1.5. Any one have dealings with the timney 510 or 517
I run a cmc flat in my AR .

My X-ray has a Timney 510. After years of shooting Savage Accutrigger it's a treat. I didn't lower the pull any because it was already so much smoother than I was used to and I seem to be shooting just fine at whatever weight it is.

I started with a Mcree chassis but moved to an XLR Element due to the weight and forend size on the Mcree being too much for the PRS events.

I found that on some stages when shooting from within doghouses, inside various ports that the forend of the Mcree's chassis combined with my barrel limited visibility. I wanted a more slim forend system which led me to the XLR. I met Kyle, the owner of XLR at the JC Steel challenge and had a chance to check out his equipment. I cannot say enough positive things about how they do business and the quality of the products. I opted to go with a folder on my chassis but you can get them with or without depending on needs. The XLR Element was noticeably lighter than the Mcree's setup.

So I bought the hunter 700 stock and have been extremely happy with it, its mostly plastic but magpul does it right and its a solid plastic with almost no flex in it, it does have the aluminum bed block and I have a R700 SPS Tactical 20in 308 in it right now, its shooting about 3/4in groups at 100yd right now some reloads I have been working up. I do say it has been a pleasure putting this stock on, it has a fully adjustable cheek weld and length of pull, and it come stock with a 5rd magazine and you can put the 10rd ones also, the stock is 250, and the magwell+magazine are 68$ and then its another 40$ for a 10rd one.

For the price.. I just dont think you can beat them.

20160109_145238.jpg

So I bought the hunter 700 stock and have been extremely happy with it, its mostly plastic but magpul does it right and its a solid plastic with almost no flex in it, it does have the aluminum bed block and I have a R700 SPS Tactical 20in 308 in it right now, its shooting about 3/4in groups at 100yd right now some reloads I have been working up. I do say it has been a pleasure putting this stock on, it has a fully adjustable cheek weld and length of pull, and it come stock with a 5rd magazine and you can put the 10rd ones also, the stock is 250, and the magwell+magazine are 68$ and then its another 40$ for a 10rd one.

For the price.. I just dont think you can beat them.

View attachment 280958
Ya so I saw a magpul hunter in FDE. And I bought it. The price was 260 with a DBM. That's a price I couldn't pass up.

Correct, As configured with buttstock, rail section, QD my chassis ran $805 and that is WITH the folder option that is $115. Still beats a manners or McMillan by a couple hundred on the low end. I cannot say enough about the quality and durability of the setup. I've got ab out 10 matches and a ton of practice time on my rig so far and I shoot with a few PRS guys who have countless matches on their setups. Not a single person has had any sort of issue of any kind with the chassis. never having to worry about a piece of your gear is priceless!

Ya so I saw a magpul hunter in FDE. And I bought it. The price was 260 with a DBM. That's a price I couldn't pass up.

Score!
I run a MDTTac under my Savage LA. 4lbs with a Luth-AR buttstock. I have it as a folder and love the feature, but I wouldn't get a Luth-AR again - too heavy.
I was considering a B&C to replace the factory stock on my BDL, and reading this pushes me more in the direction of another chassis.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top