JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Read some on the recall, interesting.
My wife's rifle is a Rem 720 .257 Roberts her dad bought new when they first came out. Never had a problem. The Remington 700 models are plentiful in our family's, pick a caliber, and no one has ever had a surprise discharge. Thousands of rounds has gone down the tubes of these guns
So what's the deal??

They finally budged on pressure from public opinion and I'm sure losing a couple lawsuits.
I have a Remington 700 that has a recalled trigger, but I don't trust sending it in.
I'm going to just buy a replacement trigger.

They finally budged on pressure from public opinion and I'm sure losing a couple lawsuits.
I have a Remington 700 that has a recalled trigger, but I don't trust sending it in.
I'm going to just buy a replacement trigger.

I sent mine in last spring.
I bought it 4 years ago, but it was still New in box.

Remington did not actually do the work, as it was sent to someone in New York, probably subcontracted to do it.

Took 8 weeks (that's two months for those in Rio Linda:D), and now it's New in Box, with new trigger:D

I really have no use for it, so it's going on the mkt. one of these days.:):)

If you keep them nice and clean and lube the safety you will never have any issues. Its the safety levers up inside the rifle that get gummed up and will sometimes stick, but it takes years.

Break your 700 series down and clean it once in a while and it will be fine.

I had 2 under recall their is a place in Portland that can do the recall work for you. If you Google remington recall,fill out the s/n they will tell you if it needs to be done. Then you can select to mail it in or take it to a shop. If you select to take it in they will give you the info of the place in Portland. Great people and very fast turn around (once they have the trigger)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top