JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hey guys and gals,
I have a Remington 700 Police Sniper Special .308 with a 4-16X50 scope and bi-pod + RCBS dies, also should note that it has been professionally bedded and a new upgraded trigger installed. I would like to sell or do a trade for a decent AR-15 in a 5.52. Selling out right for $900.00 obo. New to the forum here but will try to post pictures. For now you can reach me at 541-399-2731.
Thanks for looking!
Tim

2012-11-28_15-28-41_570.jpg

2012-11-28_15-28-55_144.jpg

2012-11-28_15-29-14_133.jpg

Several questions for you. Is that the original finish on the stock? Do you know how many rounds have been put through it? What kind of scope is on it? When professionally bedded, do you mean fiberglass on top of aluminum block?

Hey,
so what I can tell you is that the stock is original, it is a hogue, kinda has like a rubberized, almost like a rhino lining, feel to it. I haven't shot it and the previous owner said he put around 40 rds through it. as for the bedding not sure, I haven't tore it down yet, but just telling what he told me. I got in a trade for my dirt bike just last week and haven't had a chance to shoot it or tear it down. There is not a scratch on it and it looks brand new. the scope is a Barbaska 4-16x50 with lighted mil dot rec.
Cheers!
Tim

I am sorry, but your reply causes more questions than answers for me. If it is a hogue over mould stock, then it is not original to the PSS. It also means that if the rifle was truly bedded by a professional, then the stock was removed from the action, dremeled out and replaced with metal ribs inside for the actual bedding to go down. I withdraw my interest in this rifle; but good luck with your sale.

That is definately NOT a Hogue stock in the picture, it looks like a factory PSS or VS remington stock supplied by H.S. Precision as OEM equipment on that model of rifle.

Try sellling the rifle and scope separately and you will probably have better luck and more interest.

Ok, yes, I took it to the gun shop last night and talked with the guys there. It isn't a Hogue or as HS as marked, but he did say that it looked like a factory installation. He said that there was various configurations that Remington used and they were not always marked. So I took it part to look at the "action glassing" and it was well done and after some quick research I personally DON"T see any reason for concern in the fact that it was done. In fact, it would seem to me that you would want to do it to any stock no matter how cheap or expensive the stock was. Unless you had a custom stock machined after the action was CMM (Computer measured for a solid model) but that would be cost prohibitive for this model. I will attach some photos of the inside. As for seperating the scope and the rifle....Why? sold as a package the buyer wouldn't have to find a scope and go through the process of setting up another scope until he was ready. Besides the scope wouldn't be worth trying to sell seperately. The gun shop guy also said that I can contact Remington and give them a SN and they could tall me exactly what stock was on it. In my opinion, there are soooo many ways to configure this rifle or ANY rifle, the stock shouldn't be a concern because if I was going to make it custom to me, I'd go to the extent of installing a JP Allen or something simular on it. The fact of the matter is here, I would like to sell it AS IS, and as is, it is a solid $900 rifle. Retail they're over $1000 and if you add the scope $100, dies $50, bipod $65 and gunsmithing $150, in my opinion it is a great deal. But that is just me. Up to you, your money...I'd be glad to work with someone that will work with me. Let's take to a range and shoot it! I'm sure we both would have fun! :p
Cheers!
Tim

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.