JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Remington 591 (magazine fed) in 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum. I just like saying it. This was after being raised on one that my uncle had, a 592. He'd hand it to me with a couple of boxes of the old Remington ammo (! Wish I'd kept those boxes now!) and I made sure I returned it with no ammo left! His had the ejection problem that so many of the Remington's were plagued with and the reason it was only made for three years and the ammo discontinued by Remington.

The 5mm is an awesome caliber... yer gonna love it! Not quite as loud as a 22mag and what I feel, is a superior round! The 5mm bullet is actually the same diameter as the .204 Ruger and can hold its own ballistically with both the .22 Hornet and .218 Bee... quite a feat for a rimfire! Of course, hardly any recoil. I've whacked quite a few whistle pig's at 100 - 200 yards and the occasional longer shot! Now that Aguila (Centurion) is making a couple of different loadings for it, it even does a better job than the vintage ammo could. I stocked up when Aguila first came out with their white box original.

A few years ago, Taurus was going to come out with the 5mm in their Raging Bull revolver, but it never happened. I think they are still considering it... write them or talk to your LGS! if they hear there is a demand, who knows?! That would be so cool! It was pretty cool...

Taurus-590-5mm-revolver.jpg

I REALLY WANT ONE ! !

I have a Remington 591 (magazine fed) in 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum. I just like saying it. This was after being raised on one that my uncle had, a 592. He'd hand it to me with a couple of boxes of the old Remington ammo (! Wish I'd kept those boxes now!) and I made sure I returned it with no ammo left! His had the ejection problem that so many of the Remington's were plagued with and the reason it was only made for three years and the ammo discontinued by Remington.

The 5mm is an awesome caliber... yer gonna love it! Not quite as loud as a 22mag and what I feel, is a superior round! The 5mm bullet is actually the same diameter as the .204 Ruger and can hold its own ballistically with both the .22 Hornet and .218 Bee... quite a feat for a rimfire! Of course, hardly any recoil. I've whacked quite a few whistle pig's at 100 - 200 yards and the occasional longer shot! Now that Aguila (Centurion) is making a couple of different loadings for it, it even does a better job than the vintage ammo could. I stocked up when Aguila first came out with their white box original.

A few years ago, Taurus was going to come out with the 5mm in their Raging Bull revolver, but it never happened. I think they are still considering it... write them or talk to your LGS! if they hear there is a demand, who knows?! That would be so cool! It was pretty cool...

View attachment 903333

I REALLY WANT ONE ! !
I purchased my 5mm 592 about a year ago and I am still trying to get to a range with it I have new ammo and some older Remington ammo for it I had a Bushnell rimfire scope mounted on it and I am still waiting and wanting to get to a range I forgot to renew my membership at the only club that I was a member at with a range but I feel that this rifle is going to be awesome

Be sure and post your results.

I wish you luck in finding one without the ejector problems. I believe, if you Google it or check out the 5mm Forum they have some fixes out there.

Most of all... have fun!!

Be sure and post your results.

I wish you luck in finding one without the ejector problems. I believe, if you Google it or check out the 5mm Forum they have some fixes out there.

Most of all... have fun!!
Thank you for the heads up and I still haven't discharged this weapon yet