JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crappy gun out of the box. Disassemble it and do a tiny bit of work on the trigger and bolt and THEN it's a reliable weapon. The most common issue are feeding issues with the magazines and inaccuracy caused by bolt slap.

That said; my stepson was given one as his first rifle and I've tuned it up to be a very accurate and reliable shooter.

Certainly. Though there are a number of people who go so far as to replace the trigger, mod their mags, and add target barrels.

But simple polishing and de-burring with a fine hand file or dremel is really all it takes. For my own part I spent $30 and bedded the rifle using Tap Plastics resin to fill the deep holes in the plastic stock under the barrel and action, and then did the finishing bedding with JB Weld to make it rock solid. Not that a 22 gives much recoil, but that stock does have some room to let the action wiggle.

If you've a gmail account I can email you a bunch of info that I've collected on the rifle and its mods.

I have the Rem 597 and it's not a bad lil .22 , I do remember seeing a web-site somewhere that was for customizing to the 597. stocks,barrels,trigger work. Anyone have any links for the 597 for "custom parts" ?

Certainly. Though there are a number of people who go so far as to replace the trigger, mod their mags, and add target barrels.

But simple polishing and de-burring with a fine hand file or dremel is really all it takes. For my own part I spent $30 and bedded the rifle using Tap Plastics resin to fill the deep holes in the plastic stock under the barrel and action, and then did the finishing bedding with JB Weld to make it rock solid. Not that a 22 gives much recoil, but that stock does have some room to let the action wiggle.

If you've a gmail account I can email you a bunch of info that I've collected on the rifle and its mods.

Interested in the mods. Message sent.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top