JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am one of the unlucky ones that bought a Remington 597 17 HMR several years ago and now have the decision of whether to keep the rifle, or return it for a $250 Remington voucher. The rifle originally had a MSRP of over $400 and now they are asking me to take a $400 bath or risk bodily injury and continue to shoot it. The option of keeping it as a wall hanger is unattractive to me unless there is hope that it could go up in value as collectors item. Anyone else have the same dilemma? Looking for thoughts/advice on this.

I thought that the issue was with some brands of ammo but not all. I thought the ammo was the issue and not the gun itself.

Well, Remington seems to be claiming that their semi-auto action is not adequate (safe) to fire any brand of 17 HMR. My thought however is that if Remington cannot communicate pressure specifications with the ammo developers it chambers its rifles for, they are to blame. Bolt action 17's are safe, most semi's are being recalled. The way that Remington is handling the situation is what baffles me. Rather than offering cash back on all returned rifles, or even a voucher with the original MSRP value, they are offering an undervalued Remington-only voucher towards the purchase of another Remington product. Seems quite unfair.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top