JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My dad gave this gun to me when I was 18.. It is a Remington model 241. So far I have found out it was made between 1935 and 1951

Mine just says model 241 with a serial number right below I'm guessing. 1848 I'm guessing that is a serial number.

I have no plan on selling this. My dad grew up in the 40's and 50's on a farm in Nebraska and used this gun every day he said. It will be passed down to my son.

I'm curious about the gun and where I would go to have it restored to its original condition. He told me that he had different sights put on it and scrolling on the stock. Later he said he regretted making those changes.. but hey he was 13.

any help would be appreciated.

The gun is remingtons version of a Browning SA22. Why not leave it the way your father made it. It is your fathers gun. And the true expression of your father and his relationship with the gun. His choices and actions are what the gun is today. The more you do to it the less it will be your dads gun. You are about to make the same mistake he made buy changing the gun. And when you are older and hold the gun. You will wish you did not screw with it! Go buy a 241 in like new condition if you want one. That's what I would do. But it's your gun.

I really wanted to change it back to the original condition for him. The sights he had put on it make it less accurate.. I wanted to make it look just like it did when he was a kid. I'm on the fence about it. Honestly it doesn't shoot straight with those sights!

I dunno.. I love having it and when he is gone it will be an important memory that I pass down to my son.

I have not made a decision yet. Most important is that if I do have it changed back I want a good gunsmith. It's only the sights and the stock.

Advice?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads