JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a chance to pick up 7000 Rem. 9 1/2 large rifle, and 4000 2 1/2 large pistol primers this morning for $25 per 1000. No time to hesitate, so I bought them all. I've never used Remington, so just wondering if those who've used them can give any input as to whether you've had good results or not?

Last Edited:
As good as any other brand I'd guess. But then, I've never gotten to the winner's circle.

Though truthfully.....
There weren't/aren't many Remington Primers in the stores where I frequented. So, I hardly ran across them and hardly used them. That being said I have a good stock of Rem. 6 1/2 primers. And although they are "sm rifle" primers.....I use them for reloading pistol (i.e. .38 special and 9mm). They are as good as any other.

In other words.....IMHO, use what you got and be happy that you found them during this time of shortages (and at a great price too). BTW.....you could always try to TRADE them. ;)

Aloha, Mark

I always hated that 2 1/2 and whatnot folderol. When I buy primers they're small rifle, small pistol, large pistol and large rifle.. maybe magnum thrown in there too.

They are really terrible. But being the giver that I am, I'll take them off your hands for what you paid. :rolleyes:

Seriously...I've been fine with the pistol primers I've use and going to switch Rem for my 223 shortly.

Congrats on the find!

I always hated that 2 1/2 and whatnot folderol. When I buy primers they're small rifle, small pistol, large pistol and large rifle.. maybe magnum thrown in there too.

It's puzzling to me too? Why the 1/2 after their primers? Why not Just a #2, #6, or #9, etc??? One of the boxes I got is actually #9 1/2 M primers for Magnum Large rifle. I'll give them a try also, since my loads are mild and magnum primers wont change them much.

Found this on a different blog site. Note date.

Remington primers 2.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads