JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been working on my Remington 1100 that I just purchased. I'm having one issue that I'm hoping someone here can help with.

The bolt seems to lock in the rear position even when your trying to load a shell. It looks like there's a little lever in the trigger assembly that the shell is supposed to engage to chamber it. The only way I can get it to chamber is to push the bolt release button on the bottom.

Has anyone ever had a similar issue. Also, is there anyone in the OC/Clackamas area that has an 1100 or 1187 that I could take a peek at to see what it "should" look like?

Well, i am not exactly sure what you are asking but the bolt should lock back when you load a shell. You pull the bolt handle back, the bolt lock in the rearward position, you put a shell in the chamber and push the button on the lifter and the bolt closes. On the last shot, the bolt locks back. There is nothing in the world that sounds better than an 1100 locking up, I grew up on that sound.

I've been working on my Remington 1100 that I just purchased. I'm having one issue that I'm hoping someone here can help with.

The bolt seems to lock in the rear position even when your trying to load a shell. It looks like there's a little lever in the trigger assembly that the shell is supposed to engage to chamber it. The only way I can get it to chamber is to push the bolt release button on the bottom.

Has anyone ever had a similar issue. Also, is there anyone in the OC/Clackamas area that has an 1100 or 1187 that I could take a peek at to see what it "should" look like?

Remington auto problems will make you LOCO. This is my take. There is a little lever in the inside of the receiver that when you pull back on the bolt releases a shell into the carrier to be loaded. If this is broken you can pull back the bolt and no shell will be released. If when you load the gun with an empty chamber, and pull back on the bolt, and it loads a shell into the carrier, but then locks back, you have a different problem. The locking back is caused by the little tab being broken off or stuck. The tab is at the back of the carrier. When the shell is released from the mag it hits the tab and then the bolt closes. If no shell is released(no more rounds, gun in empty, shell latch broken) then the bolt stays locked open. In slow motion. The gun does lock back on every round fired. It is only the shell hitting the tab that closes the bolt. We need more information on what type of malfunction you are having.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top