JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
20 Gauge
City
bonney lake
State
Washington
Looking for a Remington 1100 Full Frame 20 gauge ( not the youth model or LW (light Weight) Cash buyer

Also consider all Beretta 20 gauge semi auto shotguns

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Please don't get your hopes up, but I have one of these (NOT for sale: it was my brother's), but since you are among the few who even know they exist, I'd like to pick your brain:

So many of these (as my brother's) came with plain barrels and a lot of them full choked. VERY difficult to find replacement barrels that are vent rib and other choke offerings. (Corsons has/had one that was nearly priced to a used LT gun). Simmons will attach a rib and modify to a screw-in choke for just about the same price. (It is my understanding that an LT barrel will not work on the heavy guns).

Any other avenues? Thanks for any reply and apologies for any excitement I may have caused.

Please don't get your hopes up, but I have one of these (NOT for sale: it was my brother's), but since you are among the few who even know they exist, I'd like to pick your brain:

So many of these (as my brother's) came with plain barrels and a lot of them full choked. VERY difficult to find replacement barrels that are vent rib and other choke offerings. (Corsons has/had one that was nearly priced to a used LT gun). Simmons will attach a rib and modify to a screw-in choke for just about the same price. (It is my understanding that an LT barrel will not work on the heavy guns).

Any other avenues? Thanks for any reply and apologies for any excitement I may have caused.

Yes, the newer barrels will not work on these older full frame guns. I am no expert on these. This info is helpful :

Model 1100 serial numbers (on the receiver) started with the number 1001. All but the early guns also have a prefix letter. All Model 1100 Remington shotguns were serial numbered in blocks of numbers. Each serial number has a suffix and the following indicates the meaning:

V = 12ga. standard 2" frame/receiver
M = 12ga. magnum 3" frame/receiver
W= 16ga. 2" frame/receiver
X = 20 ga. 2" frame/receiver
N = 20 ga. magnum 3" frame/receiver
K = 20 ga. lightweight 2" frame/receiver (LW)
K = 20 ga. lightweight 2" frame/receiver (LT)
U = 20 ga. lightweight magnum 3" frame/receiver
J = 28ga. 2" frame/receiver
H = .410 3" frame/receiver

If your looking for barrels you just have to hunt. There are 20 gauge guns for sale - see Gunbroker and occasionally barrels. Friends have bought guns just for the barrel. You can also have a barrel choked so you can use all chokes on the gun. I have done this will older fixed choke barrels.

I like the full frame guns vs the 20 gauge youth , LW, etc. Have a good day

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.