JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Benjamin Marauder .25 PCP, one of the very few air guns that survived my purge after getting back into firearms about a year and a half ago. Hardly touched it in months, other than a few shots to sight in a scope. Had even considered selling it, but it never leaks, even after sitting for months, and it never fails to hit what I point it at, as long as I remember it's got a near match grade trigger. And did I mention it's quiet?

It's big, heavy, and kind of clunky, but then the marmots show up in my garden, and I remember why I keep it. I've gotten two in the last two days, both head shots at about 40 yards, both DRT. Sure, I could do the same with a .22 LR, but it would be louder, carry farther, and it wouldn't be as surgically accurate. And as PCP's go, it's cheap, I think they're currently under $500, and there are lots of options for filling them. I used to lease a big nitrogen cylinder, but I use it so seldom now that a hand pump does the job, and is only a bit of a workout . Just something to keep in mind, this would be an excellent choice for a first PCP, or for someone looking for an air powered alternative to a .22 LR. Later.

Dave

I just listed a .22 Marauder on the classifieds here the other day. Same deal. It has been sitting for a year... Pumped it up, no leaks! Proceded to blast a pill bottle from across the yard. Hit it the almost every shot.

It's great that Benjamin did such a nice job on these rifles. Solid, cost-effective, entry-point for getting into PCP rifles. The only downside is that it's made me want to try a higher end bullpup (Kricket, Edgun, Vulcan). My wallet weeps in anticipation.

Never saw the appeal of bullpups, but I've owned some nice rifles, couple of FX's, Daystate Huntsman XL, and a pair of HW 100's. They've all moved on, but the Mrod continues to hang onto its place in my arsenal. Also had some more powerful rifles, but again, the Mrod hits the sweet spot, powerful enough for anything I'm comfortable using an air rifle for, but not so powerful that I'm chained to a pump every other shot. You might want to rethink selling yours, you probably won't net enough to make much difference in the cost of a Cricket or Vulcan, and there's always something to be said for the devil you know ;). Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top