JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see this as an overt act of aggression designed to both condition people to the presence of islam and to elict concessions through fear. Lest we forget, Portland couldn't get to the front of the refugee welcome line fast enough.

The more tolerant and accepting of these types of inappropriate displays the weaker we appear as a culture. This should not be played off as 'kids' pranking, no more than you would having your fence tagged by the local 'boys club'. Make no mistake, these kinds of things are a way of marking out territory, and reminding you that you are no longer welcome.

We are under a virtual news blackout when it comes to the events going on in Europe. You have to dig a bit to find, reliable news sources. Admittedly there are alot of online fear brokers but its hard to argue with unedited live video feeds of these exact types of behaviors and far worse.

So it doesn't take much to make the connection between today's aloha snackbar in a walmart to tomorrow's rape gangs or other cultural diversification.

Those punks are sure lucky to be alive... What if someone would have taken them seriously and put a round between their eyes? dumba$$ kids!

Sorry, but then we'd be left with one more idiot that will cause yet another challenge our Right to be armed. To even suggest someone might have unloaded a round in this case is more scary than what actually happened. JMHO

Sounds to me like those kids were damn lucky, yelling something like that in these times. They might be needing what we used to call in the army some wall to wall counseling, to show the error of they're ways ...
LOL Andy

To start with, a lot of what used to be done in the Service would get you court martialed today. They tried some of the old ways at an American facility in Cuba.

You better hope it isn't my kid you provide your counseling to. You'd become the reason I carry. Kids are stupid. Not exactly a new concept. My adult son is autistic and suffers from Tourettes. He's been offered counseling because of his outbursts. But I don't have to worry as much anymore, I moved from CA where I can't protect my family to Oregon where I can protect them. Sometimes, from "good people" offering my son "lessons." There are far to many autistic kids and adults being murdered, by LEOs because they were perceived as being a threat.

Please be careful my friend.

Then you'd be categorized as islamaphobic... But I do support the idea...

Funny. We still have entire churches burned, blown up or a clown with a gun clears one out far too often. Far more people have been killed all over the world and from the start of recorded history by Christianity. Has anyone looked up the definition of Bigotry lately or what constitutes a Bigot??

No religion has ever killed anyone. However, the faithful have.

To start with, a lot of what used to be done in the Service would get you court martialed today. They tried some of the old ways at an American facility in Cuba.

You better hope it isn't my kid you provide your counseling to. You'd become the reason I carry. Kids are stupid. Not exactly a new concept. My adult son is autistic and suffers from Tourettes. He's been offered counseling because of his outbursts. But I don't have to worry as much anymore, I moved from CA where I can't protect my family to Oregon where I can protect them. Sometimes, from "good people" offering my son "lessons." There are far to many autistic kids and adults being murdered, by LEOs because they were perceived as being a threat.

Someone touched a nerve here obviously, so try not to take all of the blow harding personally.

Andy is one of the few people on here that can probably sympathize with your sons issues and is a very sensitive and caring person, so don't take every word to heart.

No one here is going to go up to some kids and pull a gun, we all know where that would land us - at the minimum for the night at least.

I can understand the papa bear syndrome though, we have all been there.

Have an awesome evening and if you drink, have one for me since I can't anymore;).

On a completely side note to Gimpy, be wary of the mental health "professionals" in Oregon. Try to find an old graying one if possible.

Someone touched a nerve here obviously, so try not to take all of the blow harding personally.

Andy is one of the few people on here that can probably sympathize with your sons issues and is a very sensitive and caring person, so don't take every word to heart.

No one here is going to go up to some kids and pull a gun, we all know where that would land us - at the minimum for the night at least.

I can understand the papa bear syndrome though, we have all been there.

Have an awesome evening and if you drink, have one for me since I can't anymore;).
Thanks Joe.
I referred gimpy51 to my post #42 .
Where I give a little more insightful detail about what I may or may not do.
Hopefully he reads it and it goes a ways to smooth things over ...
Great post ( as usual ) and thanks again.
Andy

Aw heck, add that to all the other 'phobics' I have been called and like the rest - NOTHING HAPPENS OR CHANGES. Or put it another way 'Ok, I AM Islamophobic' (crickets chirping.......)
You are not Islamophobic. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. I don't think that it is irrational to fear Islamists.

Funny. We still have entire churches burned, blown up or a clown with a gun clears one out far too often. Far more people have been killed all over the world and from the start of recorded history by Christianity. Has anyone looked up the definition of Bigotry lately or what constitutes a Bigot??

No religion has ever killed anyone. However, the faithful have.
Seeing this was directed at me, I feel obligated to respond...

What does my post have to do with the carrying on of Christianity in the middle ages? Nothing really... It was in response to making yelling Allahu Akbar in a public and crowded place similar to yelling FIRE in a crowded theater, make it a chargeable offense...

I can't stretch far enough to equate that to how many have been killed in the name of Christianity through the ages...

Never want to dull the senses... By any means, especially fatigue.

Need to take time to relax occasionally, to decompress as it were. I reserve an hour or two after the family has gone to bed, when my little corner of the world gets the most quiet to do just that.

Go to Condition White, knowing the home and family are secure. That's the time to have a beer and do something constructive. Reloading, pouring lead, catching up on cleaning the mechanical objects of my fascination. Just something to help me relax and decompress.

And people wonder why I don't drink.

Think about it.

You are not Islamophobic. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. I don't think that it is irrational to fear Islamists.

Irrational my left ankle! The Viet Cong, Viet Minh, and NVA were trying to kill us. ISIS/ISIL is making every effort to do it as well! The Radical Islamic Left (and the American Left) is our enemy! You are right. There isn't anything "irrational" about it.

Nothing has changed.

Yeah, my working life for the most part has always been living on the edge as a ship yard worker, or fish processor on board a ship under weigh, or a scrap metal cutter ( cutting up trucks and rail cars) these all required accessing the surroundings and awareness of dangers, innocents ( Individuals wandering your area without a legitimate reason) or basically a continuous condition yellow. NOW it is wherever, whenever.

"Situational awareness" (read: living in condition yellow) coupled with the ability to stomp the living bubblegum out of whatever gets in the way, is what truly prevents your early demise. Learn to live with it, or suffer the consequences. Such is, currently, the condition of "life in these Unites States".

Sad, isn't it?

"Situational awareness" (read: living in condition yellow) coupled with the ability to stomp the living bubblegum out of whatever gets in the way, is what truly prevents your early demise. Learn to live with it, or suffer the consequences. Such is, currently, the condition of "life in these Unites States".

Sad, isn't it?

Pretty harsh assessment but right on, and one that most people will not take to heart. I live in a constant condition yellow and that and the resolve most likely saved mine and the wifes lives a couple years back. The skill, training and willingness to use it if needed came in pretty handy.

Try being a combat veteran, of pretty much any conflict and you will live in a constant condition yellow. I am not a veteran, but have 3 in the family and know a bit about that.

Thank you again for your service Captain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top