JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
My understanding is that if you do it as a business, then just like manufacturing guns, you need a license to sell the ammo you manufacture.

If you happen to have handloads you made for yourself, then you later decide to sell those handloads because you have no use for them (say you sold the gun you were loading them for), then that is not illegal and therefore not against forum rules either (IMO).

I did something similar to this just this week; I had bought handloads from someone here on the site, that he had for a gun he no longer had. I sold my .50 BMG rifle and sold the handloads I had bought to someone else. I am not in the business of manufacturing ammo. I did not make the handloads I sold, nor did the person who sold them to me (as I recall, his father or FIL did).

It is mostly about intent. If you manufacture the ammo with the intent to sell it, not to shoot it, then you need that FFL manufacturers license.

My understanding is that if you do it as a business, then just like manufacturing guns, you need a license to sell the ammo you manufacture.

If you happen to have handloads you made for yourself, then you later decide to sell those handloads because you have no use for them (say you sold the gun you were loading them for), then that is not illegal and therefore not against forum rules either (IMO).

I did something similar to this just this week; I had bought handloads from someone here on the site, that he had for a gun he no longer had. I sold my .50 BMG rifle and sold the handloads I had bought to someone else. I am not in the business of manufacturing ammo. I did not make the handloads I sold, nor did the person who sold them to me (as I recall, his father or FIL did).

It is mostly about intent. If you manufacture the ammo with the intent to sell it, not to shoot it, then you need that FFL manufacturers license.

YUP..

Just ask good old Doug Haig who is now a Felon for providing ammo to the Las Vegas shooter..
In the 90's he was selling his tracers at every EXPO Show here in PDX.

However, just to be on the safe side it is ALWAYS BEST to point out that the ammo is somebody else's loads so
"Components Only" is a CYA.. :);)
And it doesn't mean you have to take a Hit on the price..:):s0120:

OK, so I'm dealing with my uncle's estate. He did reloads in his basement. I inherited them from the estate. So, by these rules I could list the cartages he reloaded for his own personal use now that I have inherited them?

Lots of 45-70 but I have not found any 45-75 yet. I'm still sorting.

Do you have a Shooter for 45-70?
Fun rounds..
Also if I sell his reloads they go in the reloading section and not in the ammo section?

I would think that is best bet..
Just lay the cards on the table & have
"SOLD AS COMPONENTS ONLY" ...

I had accumulated large quantity of Other People's Hand Loads over the last 25 yrs.
So we set up at the Last 2 Rose City Shows and moved 90% of the bunch..
A literal Feeding Frenzy..
And we had placed signs in plain view,
yet some some guys still asked.

We also had factory loads that were New but
Not in a factory box. Noted them as such..

Do you have a Shooter for 45-70?
Fun rounds..

I would think that is best bet..
Just lay the cards on the table & have
"SOLD AS COMPONENTS ONLY" ...

I had accumulated large quantity of Other People's Hand Loads over the last 25 yrs.
So we set up at the Last 2 Rose City Shows and moved 90% of the bunch..
A literal Feeding Frenzy..
And we had placed signs in plain view,
yet some some guys still asked.

We also had factory loads that were New but
Not in a factory box. Noted them as such..
Some of his reloads are marked to grains and what bullets he used and some are not marked. Like you said I will just very straightforward and let the people know what I know.

Some of his reloads are marked to grains and what bullets he used and some are not marked. Like you said I will just very straightforward and let the people know what I know.

There was a collection of over 100 guns & 2 pickup loads of hand loads come into a local store...

The guy had passed away after a full life of firearms enthusium..
He had everything written down on the boxes, but as he got older he got bolder.

Besides Brass Boxer primed He reloaded Berdan Brass, Steel, & Aluminium.

He made a jig to make his own boxes With dividers from Cereal boxes.. :):)

I kept a bunch because, well,
when ya gonna see That again..:confused:

There was a collection of over 100 guns & 2 pickup loads of hand loads come into a local store...

The guy had passed away after a full life of firearms enthusium..
He had everything written down on the boxes, but as he got older he got bolder.

Besides Brass Boxer primed He reloaded Berdan Brass, Steel, & Aluminium.

He made a jig to make his own boxes With dividers from Cereal boxes.. :):)

I kept a bunch because, well,
when ya gonna see That again..:confused:
Well my uncle had over 60 firearms and a bunch of ammo. Lots of old and collectible ammo also. All were supposed to go to my son. But he is in Texas right now and I'm selling some of the ammo for him. He could use some money. I will make him deal with selling any of the firearms.

New to the community. Appreciate the thread title about selling reloads to another party. I am curious if you can point me to someone selling factory 9mm ammo at earthly prices. I have been striking out lately. I hope I am not violating site policy by asking.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.