JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Price
$0
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
NWFA
State
Other
Zip Code
Hey guys and gals, just wanna put out a friendly reminder that selling reloaded ammunition is not lawful without the proper manufacturing license. Here is what i could find on the ATFs website.

If reloaded ammo is to be sold solely as components the buyer must know this and be aware that they are to disassemble it to utilize the components individually. Reloading classifieds is the correct classified section for components.

Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Good post. 100% accurate and a great reminder to those that are interested in selling their wares. TBH I wouldn't buy ANYONES hand loads. No offense.

The guy who sold the Vegas shooter his ammo was prosecuted for selling ammunition without a license. He was manufacturing ammo for the purpose of reselling it.

Did not know this. Greatly appreciate the information.

The way it works is anyone can sell factory ammunition without a license , case in point when the .22 thing was going on people were buying .22's and reselling them for fun and profit. That was perfectly legal. Next, anyone can make ammo for their own personal use. Again perfectly legal. If a person makes ammo for others then they need to have a class 06 FFL. That entails about 3 months of background checks and a personal visit by an ATF agent. My agent visited with the city, sheriff, and fire department to make sure they knew what I was doing in my garage and were ok with it. He also asked about if I had the proper liability insurance.

Always a risk shooting a hand load. I have shot loads from one other person and I trusted is man. Other than that I would pass on them for your safety. Here is a pic of a rifle I saw first hand with a hand load

IMG_0495.jpg

Hey guys and gals, just wanna put out a friendly reminder that selling reloaded ammunition is not lawful without the proper manufacturing license. Here is what i could find on the ATFs website.

If reloaded ammo is to be sold solely as components the buyer must know this and be aware that they are to disassemble it to utilize the components individually. Reloading classifieds is the correct classified section for components.

Thanks!

Yes and no...

ATF said:
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit.

Yes if the litmus test above is true. The real question, is do you buy unknown loads from an unknown person, even if cleaning out their supply. That's a big dice roll.

I just gave the local PD here approx.7000 rounds of misc. reloads to dispose of.
I had to quit reloading due to sight issues.
The gunsmith they use pulls the bullets and keeps them and the brass.
I have never even let someone else shoot my reloads.
The liability issues are huge.

After a blowout of the web of a commercial 9mm reload, I don't buy even commercial reloads.

It seems most of the reloads come from range pickups/etc., where the reloader doesn't know the history of the case. I would rather pay extra for virgin brass and from an ammunition manufacturer that knows what they are doing - even then there are the occasional kaboom or dud - although the only problem I have had with commercial ammo (besides rimfire) has been that one reload.

The only reloads I trust are my own.

The way it works is anyone can sell factory ammunition without a license , case in point when the .22 thing was going on people were buying .22's and reselling them for fun and profit. That was perfectly legal. Next, anyone can make ammo for their own personal use. Again perfectly legal. If a person makes ammo for others then they need to have a class 06 FFL. That entails about 3 months of background checks and a personal visit by an ATF agent. My agent visited with the city, sheriff, and fire department to make sure they knew what I was doing in my garage and were ok with it. He also asked about if I had the proper liability insurance.
Btw I shoot your ammo and it is great just saying!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.