JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ran into someone today who was unaware of the Oregon political tax credit...figured I would mention it here for those unaware.

In a nutshell - give $50 for any political purpose, and you get $50 back on your taxes. It's a straight rebate. Your tax refund increases by $50 (or what you owe decreases by $50). Married couples can give $100.

Oregon Tax Credit

Personally, I write a check to the Oregon Firearms Federation in December every year...and a couple months later, I get $50 of it back from Salem. Unless you're using your $50 for some other purpose you feel is more important, there's really no reason for Oregon gun owners not to do the same.

I enjoy the various political groups who put out radio ads for this every so often around tax time, effectively begging for donations. I loathe this practice, its stealing tax money from the state treasury all while the gov cries about not getting enough money and thus raises taxes. All to make income taxes more palatable to the taxpayer and ensure that the various charities and special interest groups still get some donations.

You could call it stealing tax money, or you could call it a "directed donation" of your taxes. When I look at the dumbass budgets coming out of Salem, I know for certain that 1) I can make more intelligent spending choices, and 2) no amount of money they collect is ever going to be "enough" for any government.

The wife and I took advantage of this and had the state "give" $100.00 to the Oregon Republican Party. I included a note with the check that if we start getting calls or are put on some mailing list then they will never see another dime from us again. So far so good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top