JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I couldn't open the link , without allowing for ads....

Why would someone be wearing a bear costume in the woods , during hunting season...?
I would say that is better that hunting bare...but maybe not....:eek: :D
Andy

Ive never understood the excuse of mistaking a person for a game animal. There is only one way a person can mistake another hunter for any game and that is to take "sound and brush shots".

Why would someone be wearing a bear costume in the woods , during hunting season...?
Andy
The story doesn't actually say they were wearing a bear costume, just that one hunter was mistaken for a bear by another hunter. Luckily there was a third hunter who witness the incident and called 911.

The story doesn't actually say they were wearing a bear costume, just that one hunter was mistaken for a bear by another hunter. Luckily there was a third hunter who witness the incident and called 911.
Ahhh...thank you for clarifying....that makes more sense.
Still...be damn sure of your target and background.
Andy

Mistakes happen....
But when one makes a mistake with a firearm or when hunting , it can be a life altering event.

Something to consider here is that the mind often "sees" what it wants to see , when one is focused on something.
In this case...
A hunter is hunting for a bear...he is intent on seeing a bear....maybe there is an abundance of bear sign....
He sees something in the distance , it "must be " a bear....
Then it turns out not to be a bear , but another hunter.

Please note that I am not excusing or justifying mistakes or negligence ..
Just saying that when intent on seeing something...sometimes the mind will see , hear , etc...what is expected...but not what is actually there.

Again when hunting...make damn sure of your target and background.
Andy

Last Edited:

Andy
The victim wasn't. I have a hard time with those hunters who shoot somebody and say they thought it was a bear unless the person is in a bear suit.

Why, were you hopped up on shrooms? ;) :D
62ea8d4884e21.jpeg.jpg

Why, were you hopped up on shrooms? ;) :D
I guess I'm considered a expert in the wildlife feild, I had been on the property that spring. Gene had some bears that peeled timber and needed trapped, gene being the good ol boy he was decided to take care of the problem himself. As per state law he had 1 year to kill the problem bears with no tag needed. Rest in peice Gene Collier

Blaze orange might not look cool, but you'll never see a bear wearing it.
Rrrrright......

And, as Brandon likes to point out.......

"No deer wears a kevlar vest."

Aloha, Mark

01:45 min....the kevlar vest quip

The response was swift.

BUT, But, but.....my teacher taught me about the 2nd A in school (yeah, public school).
Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

Last Edited:
Many years ago, I had a coworker who had allegedly killed someone when bear hunting. He was not convicted. The person killed was an illegal immigrant, illegally harvesting plants wearing a black jacket and black pants, on all fours in some brush rooting around during hunting season.

Not as crazy as the woman shot in Skagit county WA around that time by a teenager when she was out hiking. At least she had a bright blue jacket on. That boy got convicted, but only sentenced to 30 days. He was 14 at the time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top