JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think its fair to point out that Florida has been getting the moonbats from NJ and NY long before it was fashionable when the rona hit . There's something in the water on the east coast that makes people from Jersey and NYC just that much more different than anyone else.
Damn..!.

So you're not only an expert on Florida but a stone cold authority on New York and Jersey as well.
And apparently top men in Gubment come to you for enlightenment when confused about east coast water quality.

Do tell...!
Bless your heart.

Don't take offense. Please don't.
Honest, I'm just kidding around.
It's an east coast thing..and I've been marooned out here on the western wilderness frontier for 50+ years without a decent slice....and who do I have to kill to get a good corned beef sandwich?

Forgettaboutit....

Last Edited:
Damn..!.

So you're not only an expert on Florida but a stone cold authority on New York and Jersey as well.
And apparently top men in Gubment come to you for enlightenment when confused about water quality on the east coast.

Do tell...!
Bless your heart.

Don't take offense. Please don't.
Honest, I'm just kidding around.
It's an east coast thing..and I've been marooned out here in the western wilderness frontier for 50+ years without a decent slice.
It's true, because of the water back on the east coast, there's high levels of sarcasm as well as good ole ba!! Busting'…

Yup, another east coast transplant here, via the west coast of Florida!

:s0093:

From yesterday's (5-3-2023) news.

Awwww........Come On Man.
Is that store on the "Closure List" (or will it soon be)?

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

PS....Wait for the.....
Wal Mart wants to express it's heart felt condolences to the families.....
The SAFETY of our customers and associates are or top priority.....
Yeah.....the usual script.

Last Edited:
_nc_ohc=3IQDLsWMkgcAX-WcXll&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I don't know why. And I don't want to move there to find out why.

Besides, they have huge alligators and larger snakes that eat the alligators and swamps and stuff. :s0001:
Gators are really fascinating. About now is mating season. So big males can be seen stalking across roads and golf courses looking for territories. And females are looking for territories to build their nests. She wants a spot hidden by vegetation within a few yards of water. She digs a hole for her eggs. Then she stays near the nest and guards it from egg thieves such as humans, raccoons and bears. And she may need to cool the nest by rearranging vegetation and debris on it. Temperature matters because sex determination is by temperature. So if temp is too cold or hot the nest may produce just one sex of babies instead of a mix of sexes. Momma gator usually stays near but not on the nest to avoid crushing eggs. The normally much bigger male, her consort for the season, is usually not far off protecting the territory. Females are smaller but more agile than males and very fast. After babies hatch they stay with Mom about a year. Babies are about a foot long initially and kinda cute but remember that when you see such little gators, Mom is nearby and will not approve if you try to catch or play with her babies. Baby gators eat insects, amphibians, and small fish. For most of the year, adults are somewhat social. They prefer places with a group of buddies. So where you see one gator there are usually more.

Wild feral pigs, rattlesnakes and alligators.. and giant boas and pythons and iguanas dropping from the trees in the cold.. oy! My wife is from Florida... and has seen them. Apparently people release their "pets" that grow too large to handle into the "Holey Lands".The apparently misguided Fish and wildlife dept refuses to allow extermination hunts for the invasive feral species even tho the snakes are killing off the deer and small game...
Nope nope nope.

I lived in south Florida for a few years. It was freaking awful. Bugs, lots of bugs. Scorpions, nasty black ones. Drunks and drunk drivers. Lots of New York wackos, lots of Cuban and South American wackos too. Unless you have piles of money to make yourself comfortable, don't do it.

Wild feral pigs, rattlesnakes and alligators.. and giant boas and pythons and iguanas dropping from the trees in the cold.. oy! My wife is from Florida... and has seen them. Apparently people release their "pets" that grow too large to handle into the "Holey Lands".The apparently misguided Fish and wildlife dept refuses to allow extermination hunts for the invasive feral species even tho the snakes are killing off the deer and small game.
Nope nope nope.
Its not just people releasing exotic pets. Severe hurricanes sometimes release tropical animals from zoos. The feral pigs are actually European wild boars, released by Hernando Desoto, and now adapted and part of the ecosystem. They don't overrun everything because of the alligators, and more recently also the pythons. On private land boars can be hunted or trapped without a license, any age, sex, number, or time of year. On public land you usually need a license and there are seasons. The wild boar are a popular game animal. The snakes and iguanas can be hunted too. The pythons may be hunted without a permit or limit year round on private and much public land, and there is a bounty for them. Some people actually earn their livings hunting pythons.

For an extermination hunt to work, you need land people have access to. Not the everglades, much of which is the "river of grass," miles and miles of open grassy water just a few inches deep, thick mud you really can't walk through. Too shallow to get a boat through in much of the area except for certain waterways. Occasional higher areas with trees and dry ground full of gators and snakes. Here's a song about the Glades that I, like every U of F student with a guitar, learned to play and sing.

So basically you can't see the pythons in deep grass or water well enough to hunt them. And most of the glades just isnt accessible. The pythons are mostly hunted on roads or in the grass on the edges of roads that go through or near the Glades and other swampy areas. On private land you can just shoot the snakes. There are also various programs with bounties. You catch them by hand, put them in gunny sacks, weigh and measure them, record number of eggs in females, etc. It takes two or three people to catch and bag the bigger snakes. If one person went after one of the big ones alone there is too much danger of the snake getting a coil around his neck and suffocating him. Or a coil around his chest, and hugging him so hard his heart can't beat. In the S Florida water district eligible hunters can get more than $8 per hour to look for the snakes with a $50 bonus for snakes above 4' plus $25 more for every foot above 4'. Here's a video of a snake hunt.

Its not just people releasing exotic pets. Severe hurricanes sometimes release tropical animals from zoos. The feral pigs are actually European wild boars, released by Hernando Desoto, and now adapted and part of the ecosystem. They don't overrun everything because of the alligators, and more recently also the pythons. On private land boars can be hunted or trapped without a license, any age, sex, number, or time of year. On public land you usually need a license and there are seasons. The wild boar are a popular game animal. The snakes and iguanas can be hunted too. The pythons may be hunted without a permit or limit year round on private and much public land, and there is a bounty for them. Some people actually earn their livings hunting pythons.

For an extermination hunt to work, you need land people have access to. Not the everglades, much of which is the "river of grass," miles and miles of open grassy water just a few inches deep, thick mud you really can't walk through. Too shallow to get a boat through in much of the area except for certain waterways. Occasional higher areas with trees and dry ground full of gators and snakes. Here's a song about the Glades that I, like every U of F student with a guitar, learned to play and sing.

So basically you can't see the pythons in deep grass or water well enough to hunt them. And most of the glades just isnt accessible. The pythons are mostly hunted on roads or in the grass on the edges of roads that go through or near the Glades and other swampy areas. On private land you can just shoot the snakes. There are also various programs with bounties. You catch them by hand, put them in gunny sacks, weigh and measure them, record number of eggs in females, etc. It takes two or three people to catch and bag the bigger snakes. If one person went after one of the big ones alone there is too much danger of the snake getting a coil around his neck and suffocating him. Or a coil around his chest, and hugging him so hard his heart can't beat. In the S Florida water district eligible hunters can get more than $8 per hour to look for the snakes with a $50 bonus for snakes above 4' plus $25 more for every foot above 4'. Here's a video of a snake hunt.
Well now, I stand corrected on the misinformation I posted:oops:. Apparently the game laws have changed quite a bit in recent years. Still, heh, I wouldnt want to live there what with one thing and another... I hate and revile snakes and hurricanes, personally. The place can't be all bad tho, with Marco Rubio and Ron DeSantis!

I lived in south Florida for a few years. It was freaking awful. Bugs, lots of bugs. Scorpions, nasty black ones. Drunks and drunk drivers. Lots of New York wackos, lots of Cuban and South American wackos too. Unless you have piles of money to make yourself comfortable, don't do it.
I've never seen a scorpion in my 6 years in South FL. Just wow!

Yeah, snakes and crocodilians are the two things I have nightmares about.

So not just no, but **** no!
In fullfillment of your dreams--Florida has not just the 18' Burmese pythons, four kinds of poisonous snakes, and the 20' gators. It has salt water crocodiles too, but only in the South-most tip.

The only snake dream I've had is I once dreamed I accidentally stepped on and smashed a sweet innocent garter snake, which was upsetting and woke ne up. I like snakes and have never intentionally harmed one. My mother and older sister claimed that as a kid I was always catching snakes, including rattlesnakes and bringing them home. But they were mistaken. I didnt catch or molest wild critters. At least not unless hunting or fishing. Instead I spent hours watching them. As for the huge rattlesnake carcass my mother found on top of the trash in the garbage can that she found so disconcerting...it was just the one rattlesnake. And I found it as a roadkill. I carefully removed the head, as dead snakes can actually bite you for some time after death. I brought the rest home, removed the rattle for a good luck charm and the skin to make a belt. Then I dumped the rest in the garbage, not realizing that it was curled up on top of the rest of the garbage and still looked enough like a curled up live snake to startle the he!! out of my mother when she lifted the garbage can lid.

My mother did NOT like snakes. And she was convinced that it was impossible to tell the poisonous ones from the nonpoisonous ones, so considered all snakes dangerous. Once after doing her stint on an archeological dig in Virginia, she met the head of the dig who was coming up the path in the other direction. He mentioned there was a big snake that had been sunning itself on the path. "But don't worry. It's harmless," he said. My mother's response? "It's certainly harmless now. I smashed its head with my shovel."

Last Edited:
Alligator hunting in Florida. Property owner set out 150 lines, nearly all now with live angry gators attached. Has 150 tags but is behind, and Hurricane Ida is due that evening. Friends from Loisiana come to help. One team is one old codger to run (small) boat and shoot gators, one girl child to wrangle fighting bucking rolling gators and try to get gator head above water long enough so it can be shot. Meanwhile the first rains from Ida are hitting.

Last Edited:
just a reminder, DON'T MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!!!
By the way, Florida now has Nile monitor lizards that have started to reproduce in the Everglades. These are up to 6 foot long venomous lizards. In addition, the Bermese pythons have started to breed with Rock pythons, another invasive, giving rise to bigger faster stronger hybrids called Supersnakes.

In addition, Florida is mostly not much above sea level and much of the substrate is built from limestone, so is water soluble. So Florida has a vast system of caves and caverns and underground rivers underneath. Meaning the ground isn't all that stable and when the roof of a cavern collapses sink holes can suddenly happen. So if you are boating on a river and see evidence of banks and trees near the water that have recently fallen in, there's probably a sinkhole under the river in the process of forming, and its best to not be there when it does.

Last Edited:
the way, Florida now has Nile monitor lizards that have started to reproduce in the Everglades. These are up to 6 foot long venimous lizards. In addition, the Bermese pythons have started to breed with Rock pythons, another invasive, giving rise to bigger faster stronger hybrids called Supersnakes.
So, the only thing missing is Swamp thing?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top