JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am buying it based on a few reviews that stated it to be one of the easiest racking guns out there. Could be true, I will find out. She is legal to carry but doesn't and it is my hope she will if I find something she likes. She dry fires everything and refuses to shoot what she does not like when dry firing. She like my Colt Mustang and the Glock 42, but thinks the 42 is too bulky and I won't part with my Mustang. So another 380 to try. I might coax her into trying the CW380 and my LCP Custom (Her LCP is one of those limited run models that had a very slick polished blue finish, but the polishing muted the effectiveness of the cocking serrations, so it IS hard to rack)

When I get it next week I'll post the initial thoughts.

Well I did pick it up today. Of course I have not fired it yet, but I have inspected and dry fired it many times. The workmanship is very good and it looks like Remington knew their reputation was out there, I rate the quality as high. Looks to be all metal except for the grip panels. The magazines are more intricate then I expected, yet solid and robust. end plates are polymer. One of the two magazine has a flat endplate and the other a pinky extension, both are six rounds. There is no magazine disconnect safety, if you have a round chambered, it will shoot. I have a spring type trigger gauge than consistently reported the double action trigger pull as 9 pounds, a little less than a lot of double action revolvers. It is double action only and is hammer fired. The trigger pull is very long, but smooth. Kind of like my old Ruger LC9 with the hammer. It is the easiest to rack of any 380 I have tried (well I still favor my Mustang) (Charger might have been right, maybe I should have opened the wallet a little wider and bought a second Mustang)

All in all I like this little RM380 so far.

I need to shoot a series of my small 380's together to tell more. More important for the Warden to try that

Yes... I was\am okay with the long pull on the LC9, but it is single action, I have shot all my double action revolvers in the double action mode, with fair accuracy. This little Remington seems very close to a smooth DA Revolver. I don't know when I will shoot it, but I will post when I do.

Sig P238 similar to the Mustang has/is the easiest to rack among the 380s I've handled. I fondled the Remington 380 at the LGS and still felt the Sig was easier to rack.

I bought the Mustang XSP when it debuted. It seems to have a slightly bigger swell to the handle making it more comfortable to grip for me. It just feels right. I know some prefer the all metal PocketLite. I have never handled one since I got my XSP so I can't recall differences. Hard to go wrong. I definitely like my XSP over the few Kimber P238's that I have handled. Subtle differences are noticeable. Kimber does have many more versions and some might feel better to a given person. If you can find a store with the Mustang have her handle it. I think The solid feel of Colt quality will persuade her.

Edit just seen the other post. My Mustang is as easy to rack as the Remington though I have not held a "Rack Off" contest to see... I might do that later today.

Last Edited:
The new Remington 380 is a gun design previously made by Rohrbaugh in 9mm.

I have one [A Rohrbaugh 9mm] and is a very good running gun and the size of the LCP.
If I were you I would have waited for the 9mm version when it's released.

Here it is with the LCP.

DSCN1546.JPG

DSCN1546.JPG

Last Edited:
No the same advances in ammunition all the 9 MM fans tout are available for the most part in the 40, 45, and yes the 380, While I might want one in 9, I am happy to buy and carry a 380 as a back up, and really happy to carry a 45 (Which I think is more sensible)
I have discovered a few more things about the RM380. If you hold the gun horizontally with the firing port up, it is designed to allow Mr. Gravity to remove your little round takedown retaining pin for disassembly. Some might think this as unintentional, but it is in the manual addendum. The gun feels even smother now that I have dry fired it 150 times or so, and stripped it down (With Mr. Gravity's help) cleaned and lubed and back together. Also the empty magazine will hold the slide open, (The LCP won't). I'll write more when I get work.

No the same advances in ammunition all the 9 MM fans tout are available for the most part in the 40, 45, and yes the 380, While I might want one in 9, I am happy to buy and carry a 380 as a back up, and really happy to carry a 45 (Which I think is more sensible)
I have discovered a few more things about the RM380. If you hold the gun horizontally with the firing port up, it is designed to allow Mr. Gravity to remove your little round takedown retaining pin for disassembly. Some might think this as unintentional, but it is in the manual addendum. The gun feels even smother now that I have dry fired it 150 times or so, and stripped it down (With Mr. Gravity's help) cleaned and lubed and back together. Also the empty magazine will hold the slide open, (The LCP won't). I'll write more when I get work.

Funny?
The way you say .45 is more sensible to carry. Is the way I meant 9mm is more sensible? :s0108:

In any case the Remington version of the Rohrbaugh is a great bargain.
My Rohrbaugh was about $1200 years ago! The Remington 380 version is about $350.

The Rohrbaugh dose have a fantastic smooth trigger. And I can shoot under 2'' groups
[Six shots] with it at 21 feet. So the desighn can be very accurate.
If the Remington gun has this same trigger, accuracy and reliability. And a price around $400.
Then it will be on my list to buy. That is when the 9mm gun comes out.

Rohrbaugh made a 380 version also. And it's the same size as there 9mm gun. So a Remington 9mm version should be the same size as their .380. With no size penalty for carrying the 9mm.
And maybe a bit more reliability with the higher pressure 9mm round.
.380 guns can be picky about ammo. Think Glock 42 for instance.

The only thing I don't like about the Remington gun is the mag release.
I prefer the Rohrbaugh's heal release. It's harder to drop the mag. But won't accidently get pressed. And who carries a spare magazine with a backup gun anyways?

I just like the Rohrbaugh's simplicity.
No slide stop. No mag release. The only control is a smooth double action trigger.

Like the J-frame it's laid on top of. Only smaller. :D

DSCN4627.JPG DSCN1559.JPG

DSCN4627.JPG

DSCN1559.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR