JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Karl was a friend of my older brother going back 20 years. I took a few classes with him at the PSTC and I'm sure there are other members here that have had instruction from Karl. My condolences!

https://www.clackamas.us/sheriff/

Our hearts go out the family of Public Safety Training Center employee Karl Wingren — who passed away in his sleep on Monday, March 22. He was 45 years old.

Known for his trademark suspenders, Karl had worked for us as a Range Training Officer and handgun-class instructor since May 2004. He also ran our Practical Pistol League on Wednesday evenings.

He is survived by wife Elaine and two children: son Kentaro, 11, and daughter Emiko, 6.

A memorial service will be held April 3, 2010 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Oswego Heritage Council (398 10th St., Lake Oswego OR 97034). Sincere condolences to his family.

RIP,

Though I did not "know" him, I chatted with him when I would go to the PSTC. He was definately one of the "good guys". My prayers will be with him and his family.

Words can never express my feeling of loss. From the first day I met Karl to the last time we spoke, he was always there for me. I will miss him dearly! His kindness, humor, and friendship will stay with me forever!

There is no telling how many people he touched. And I'm hoping the people that he did will show their support at his memorial. I know it will mean allot to the family.

Thank you!

And Karl, I Love You!

I think I met the guy.. He was the real big guy who worked there. He was very nice and we chatted about various guns. This was back when I was very new and had hardly even fired a gun but a few times. He was giving me his advice on firearms and such. He seemed like a real nice guy and I am sorry that he passed away. My prayers to his wife and family.

That's really sad.....45 is too young, especially with small children.

Karl was the instructor of the first class I took (basic handgun)....i had never even shot my gun (or any handgun) before taking the class. I bought the gun a couple days prior. I was pretty nervous but Karl was very good about making everyone feel comfortable.

It was also pretty cool to see him put 4 rounds into one hole at 15 yards during the class

RIP

Our hearts go out the family of Public Safety Training Center employee Karl Wingren — who passed away in his sleep on Monday, March 22. He was 45 years old.

Known for his trademark suspenders, Karl had worked for us as a Range Training Officer and handgun-class instructor since May 2004. He also ran our Practical Pistol League on Wednesday evenings.

He is survived by wife Elaine and two children: son Kentaro, 11, and daughter Emiko, 6.

A memorial service will be held April 3, 2010 from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Oswego Heritage Council (398 10th St., Lake Oswego OR 97034). Sincere condolences to his family.

Wow, I spoke with him every time that I attended the club. I will miss him very much. He was a friend, and the CCPSTC will not be the same to be greeted by that trademark personality, and unmatched safety and training insights. You don't lose many people that you know on a first name basis.

I wonder what happened to him. Man, this is a shock to me.
Regardless, thank you for posting. It's better that I found out here than in person while at the range. I should stop by and talk to the guys, help get their spirits up and share my condolences.

Some of you really should attend the memorial. I'd like to clear my schedule.

my name is tom i was once a student of Karl's. he taught me a lot of different things and without Karl i wouldn't be the marksmen i am today.I thank him for everything hes done and he will be sorely missed. my condolences go out to his family.
sincerely- Tom crumpacker

Though I didn't know Karl well, I saw him often at PSTC.. He taught me in several classes there and freely gave me plenty of advise on the range over the years.. I was shocked to see that he passed.. R.I.P. buddy.

My wife and I shoot regularly at PSTC. Karl helped us both with shooting tips and prep for the precision league. My wife will be at the benefit shoot-off. Unfortunately, work prevents me from being there. We will miss him.

There is a shoot at PSTC in Clackamas this weekend to help Karls Family.(link for more information is below)
Even if you cant make it donate the $20. He was a great man and his family can benefit from help from each of us. Please send this on to other blogs you belong to. Thanks

<broken link removed>

Oh, Lord. I just now saw this & had wondered why I hadn't seen him at PTSC for so long. Karl was also my 1st instructor. He was awesome, helped me get over my '1st timer jitters', and totally put me at ease by saying with a big smile 'I'm not gonna make fun of you for shooting a Hi-Point', and then he fired a full magazine through it, making a PERFECT vertical line running dead center down the target. RIP Karl, best to your friends and family.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top