Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remembering Back

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by U201491, Dec 1, 2010.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Remember when you were told the SS number would never be used as ID, and you were never going to be required to use it.

Just thinking back to the BS years...

from the odfwstopo site.

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Online License Sales
    Social Security Number Requirement

Q. Why do I have to give my social security number to buy a fishing or hunting license?

A. Federal and state laws adopted in 1996 and 1997 require applicants for professional, driver, occupational and recreational hunting and fishing licenses to provide their social security number the first time they purchase a license to aid child support enforcement authorities. In 2001 the Oregon Legislature changed the law to allow greater flexibility for purchasers of hunting and fishing licenses.

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's why I can't find my card. I tucked it away several years ago, because I have the number memorized and "I'd never need the card". Great, now I can't find it and I'm going to need it to get my drivers license renewed.....:huh:

3. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

not so...you can bring in a copy of your income tax return......it should have your SS# on it....unless you requested a taxpayer ID # from the IRS.

A tax return with a birth certificate or a passport will work to renew your ODL....I just did this last month.

4. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

No one remembers when government kept any of it's promises.

If the United States Government were a human being instead of an organization he/she would be the most hated person in this country.

5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Remember how hard it was to get a credit card ? Now they will give them to anyone no wonder identity theft is a hit

6. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Instead the US Government is the most hated inhumane in this country:winkkiss:

7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Don't hate the government.... It is the idiots we elect. that deserve the scorn...

8. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

don't worry, soon you can just use your CC # instead of your SSN. They don't need to implant chips in your body when they follow your every move by the plastic rectangle in your pocket.

9. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Wrong again......

It's the idiots who vote in idiots who need their head checked

10. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

except that little pc of plastic can be stolen or left behind, a implant say on your forehead or hand can't be left behind or stolen and yes you can cut a hand off to steel it but not if its heat activated and knows when its been severed

perfect solution to identity theft, thats how they will sell it . all financial transactions monitored by a super computer if your out of money it knows what you can borrow and when your paid it knows what to take out if you try to run it will find you.

without it you wont be able to buy sell or trade . and with new laws being past such as noted in another thread you won't even be able to grow your own food. you will be forced to take it or run to the hills so they say.

Strange? Have I have read this story before a long time ago before there were computers and microchips and GPS tracking back before identity theft

11. eldbillbo

No we don't deserve the scorn unless you voted them in i didn't so don't scorn me and did we really get a choice ? I voted but did who i vote for win ? . and in the end does it really matter its just one hand washing the other.

12. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

That motto certainly hold true for this state.

13. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

That. clean out and start new.:D :thumbup:

of course dyjital has a very valid point "Wrong again......

It's the idiots who vote in idiots who need their head checked'

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  14. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

what If I don't have one?

do not see the need.