JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so young that I have no memory of being introduced to them or learning to shoot them, just like brushing my teeth

Proudly, this will be my son's legacy in guns.We started him off very young and he is quite good,too. Safer than me most of the time. Checks every gun right after you cleared it and handed it to him.

Me? Funny thing,it was my first ex's ex. Well he got her into guns and her,me. I hunted when I was young but hunting was kinda feeding the family for my dad. The guns were tools,so no love for them was passed down.
The love has come and gone and returned over the years. Mostly do to money or living arrangements.

And sadly as others have stated,I lost all of them in a fire? No,card game...flood

Ah yes a boating accident

I've been around guns all my life. Although I'm originally from rural Lane County, we moved to Eastern Oregon when I was seven, where we lived on a cattle ranch. There, my dad took a rifle ( usually a bolt action .22-250) and his S&W Model 19 with him every morning, when he would set out to heard cattle, repair fence line, sow hay, and all the other never-ending tasks. To me, firearms were a part of everyday life, and used to put food on the table, protect livestock from predators, and of course, recreation.
As a kid, it never even occurred to me that guns would be a right we'd somehow have to fight to retain.

I was born in 1953, I remember my dad taking me with him deer hunting up on Mt Scott, east of Sutherlin in his 1953 Chevy, mom and dads next car was a new 1957 chevy stationwagon, so I must have been 3 or 4. Later dads rifle always hung over the headboard, (300 Savage 99). Mom and dad divorced when I was 10 and my uncle Herald gets all the credit from then on. On Sundays after church we'd all be on the patio, they'd be having cake or pie and I'd be shooting bottle caps on the dirt bank with my single shot 22 while being well supervised. I never stopped after that until I lost all my firearms in a fiery plane crash. Nice thread everyone. :s0152:

I was defending my right to own whatever type of gun I wanted to own to my uncle. He says "hey man I thought you were a boy scout?" And to that I replied "I AM an Eagle scout and scouts tought me to shoot and be the responsible gun owner I am today" He didnt have anything to say after that. I recently found a bunch of my dime club targets and marksmanship awards I earned from scout summer camp. I got my first rifle from my grandma when I turned 18. It was my great grandpas Winchester 22 pump from the early 1900s. I still have it and some day it will be handed down to my first grandchild.

For me, it all started on April 29, 1992.

On April 30th I purchased a sweet 870 Wingmaster, closely followed by a Beretta 92FS and a 30-06 (forget make/model). No waiting periods back then, all FTF private purchases. Believe me, guns were a hot commodity on that day.

Yeah, lived in Los Angeles at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews