JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I gave up smoking more than 25 years ago. I don't drink and don't use mind-altering substances other than coffee.

Smoking killed my father (heart disease) Cannabis helped kill my baby brother that had COPD. Alcohol killed my older brother.

What, in the name of all that's holy, is the point of abusing your body with mind-altering substances so that you can either:

a) either impress someone, or

b) escape reality?

You'll never get out of this world alive.

I suppose I should be thankful for a family full of inconsiderate smokers. As a child I became so disgusted with their nicotine stained walls, horrible smell, and full ashtrays that I never wanted to try smoking anything. The worst were car trips with my Dad, a rolling gas chamber. I moved out at 17 to get away from them.

They're all gone now (guess why and how). You have a right to smoke if you choose, but don't do your kids any harm.

As a kid I cut the grass of an old man across the street from me and when I went inside to get paid, he would be sitting in an old lazyboy recliner watching tv and chain smoking one cig after another.
His ash tray was a metal 5 gallon pail and there was a constant stream of smoke curling out of that pail.
Every surface was dark brown and the money he paid me stunk of cigarette smoke.

Oh... no... you... DIDN'T!!! :eek:

Those bubblegumming cigarettes are insidious, and I thank GOD my wife quit!! She was getting "the cough", and it was like watching a bubblegumming junkie!! She'd have to smoke before getting in the car (I don't allow smoking in the cars... and I can TELL if some has), she'd have to smoke when we got to our destination, she'd smoke if she got stressed, she'd smoke after eating a meal.... it SERIOUSLY used to piss me off that I had to STOP and wait in the middle doing something so she could get her "fix".

To her credit, she quit COLD TURKEY and her "cough" is now almost non-existent. I pray we don't contend with cancer in the future....

What, in the name of all that's holy, is the point of abusing your body with mind-altering substances so that you can either:

a) either impress someone, or

b) escape reality?
Eh, to each their own. But there's more than those two reasons to do something.

As long as a person is considerate of others when smoking I don't really care.

My parents didn't smoke or drink but they had a number of those tiny airline souvenir cig packs and booze bottles. All of great curiosity to a young Teflon, disappearing one at a time.

Last Edited:
Back to the smoking ads. I get a kick out of the new e-cig ads featuring a sort of Jack Bauer looking guy. Collar up ala James Dean, casually unshaven, independent, a bit rebellious and satisfied with his "freedom." Who wouldn't want to be him? Or with him?

Working downtown, I see people huddled together on designated street corners during breaks, sucking on their vaporous "binkies" as my GF calls them, some on lanyards about their necks. My son says they're robot dicks.

Last Edited:
9ce9708de78483892a24eedb1cb54fd3.jpg

stupidest bubblegum on earth

IIRC, and I probably don't, when smoking was banned on aircraft the the PDX airport had a Plexiglass smoking room!
It was tiny and you couldn't see people sitting on the other side of it! It looked like one of the London killer fogs of the 1950's!
I'm so glad that I quit 12yrs ago! :D

IIRC, and I probably don't, when smoking was banned on aircraft the the PDX airport had a Plexiglass smoking room!
It was tiny and you couldn't see people sitting on the other side of it! It looked like one of the London killer fogs of the 1950's!
I'm so glad that I quit 12yrs ago! :D

Me too 4 yes ago on Thanksgiving day.
Denver was one of the last smoking airports that I used to fly through.;)

I remember when I started smoking, a pack of Camels was 70 cents and I swore I would quit when they went up over a buck a pack! I also remember getting Marlboro 25 packs for the same price as a regular pack! I quit when I joined the service and that lasted 13 years! I started Smoking a Pipe when I quit the Cigarettes for the last time, and have been collecting and making my own ever sense! I actually like the smell of Pipe tobacco, and I like the taste! I also like that I don't smoke very much or for very long and that the smell isn't repulsive like Cig smoke is! Even the wife likes it! I found that good pipe tobacco is getting hard to find here State side, so I end up ordering the good stuff from Denmark or Scotland, and I buy Brier blanks there when I need more for a new project! I remember back as a kid having Smoke Machines inside restaurants and that's how me and buddies got our smokes before we were old enough to buy them "legally" Merit was the choice back then, mostly because they were cheaper then the others!

My golfin buddy just quit. He was a 4 pack a day smoker in the end. He's over at ICU Sunnyside with a tube down his nose to feed him and one in his throat to breath.He's 64.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top