JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet you guys even shot each other with BB guns, it's because of all you guys that I didn't get too_O

hahahha yes and bottle rocket wars...
my brother shot me in the head with a bow and arrow 10 min after the old man said do not point it at each.... other at least the old man had the sense to only give us the rubber tipped arrows first......can you believe we still got the metal tipped target arrows later that day & I came from an upper middle class family, it was just a different time they were very naive back then :rolleyes:

I remember going to Mcdonalds, shari's, and elmers and them having a smoking section that was just the other side of the restaurant or on the other side of the 4ft partition.

Pretty dang funny when you think of it now.

I remember going to Mcdonalds, shari's, and elmers and them having a smoking section that was just the other side of the restaurant or on the other side of the 4ft partition.

Pretty dang funny when you think of it now.

When I was in high school (Class of 75) there was a student smoking section on one end outside of the entry hall way. The teachers had their own smoking room on the inside out of the weather. We could sometimes sneak a smoke or joint in the welding booths in shop class. I got all A's in shop class. :rolleyes:

When the first restrictions went in on smoking at airports, there was this room in one of the concourses at St Louis, this room was packed like sardines, and the smoke layer was visible. A co worker jammed down there one time to slam 3 cigarettes on a 20 minute lay over and damn near miss the connecting flight.

"Winston tastes good like a (clap clap) cigarette should!"

"I'd rather fight than switch!"

"Come to where the flavor is. Come to Marlboro Country!"

Those damned TV ads (and magazines and billboards) when I was a kid made smoking seem grown up and sophisticated. And it was a perfect vehicle for rebellion - "See this? I can do what I want, like the adults I admire, and you can't stop me."

In that mindset, I made sure that Debbie Hartman (first girl in my grade to get boobs) frequently "caught" me smoking at the bus stop. I knew she'd notice my striking resemblance to the Marlboro man. Learned to blow smoke out my nose so there was no doubt that I was actually inhaling.

22 years later, it occurred to me that Debbie never writes and never calls. So I gave 'em up. 25 more years without now, and I still kinda' miss her.

Last Edited:
I remember when my Dad heard the Surgeon Generals announcement on the car radio about the link between cigarettes and lung cancer.
After one last draw and he threw his pack of Winstons out the car window and a moment later his favorite lighter.

I quit cigarettes 20 years ago but my wife still smokes a pack every 3-4 days. She asked me to stop on my way home a couple of days ago for 2 pkgs of Marlboro Lights.............$16 and change!!! I asked the guy at the register if he was kidding and he told me $8 goes straight to Washington State.........WOW! And I thought my occasional cigars were expensive...........

I'm trying to remember how much a pack cost when I started...........$0.35 maybe? in 71-72'

Probably about that time frame. In 74 or so I would get paid on Friday and a trip to town with
$ 20 got me a 6 pack of Schlitz Stout, a tank of gas and pack of smokes or a can of dip at the gas station, a $ 5 bag of well you know from the attendant at the gas station, and a burger fries and drink at Tastee Freeze across the street.

And at that point is was going to be a good Friday night..better yet if I found a young lady to enjoy it with. :eek::eek:. That would require a trip back to the Plaid Donkey for a bottle of Annie Green Springs.

Now it's just blended scotch..
Nah, that's something that never caught on with me. Waaay back in the day there was a recreational chemical or two I would sometimes do first thing in the morning, but that stopped in the '70s.
The only time I ever drank early is when my sister would convince me to have a Bloody Mary to cure a hangover.
One of the drawbacks of having a sis that's a bartender.
She though alcohol could cure anything.

I can remember the first time I flew on a flight from Denver to N.C. and could smoke in the back of the plane. Twas bloody terrible back there, even for a smoker!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I remember flying with my parents and the airlines gave out free cigarettes in packs of 4. The airline logo was on one side and the manufacturer on the other........and I do remember it could get "smokey" in there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top