Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remember to Call Your Senators Today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fredball, Jun 20, 2016.

1. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Dear American's

Today, I have been communicating with Senators, in opposition to the gun control amendments they will be voting on later this afternoon. senatorsnoguncontrol.png

I hope that you will also stop what you’re doing ... pick up the phone ... and call Sen. Patty Murray (D) at (202) 224-2621 and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D) at (202) 224-3441.

I have been reminding Senators that our “first responders” believe that armed civilians, not gun control, will make Americans safer.

You can see a copy of the letter I’ve sent them here.

I have also been encouraging Senators to oppose ALL gun control proposals that are offered to the Commerce-Justice-State spending bill (H.R. 2578) today.

Specifically, Senators should oppose:

• Government watch list gun bans, because no one should lose their rights without due process;
    • So-called “assault weapons” bans, which outlaws guns that are not machine guns, are not owned by any military on the earth, and are popular self-defense firearms; and,
    • Universal Background Checks, which are ineffective and only register gun buyers.
    Of course, besides the reasons given above, all these proposals are unconstitutional as they constitute “infringements” of our rights protected by the Second Amendment.

Again, there’s not much time. Emails are ineffective when dealing with votes that are just a few hours away.

So I hope that you will call Sen. Patty Murray (D) at (202) 224-2621 and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D) at (202) 224-3441 and urge them to oppose ALL gun control today.

In liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director
    Gun Owners of America

P.S. Please call Sen. Patty Murray (D) at (202) 224-2621 and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D) at (202) 224-3441 and urge them to oppose ALL gun control today. And check out GOA’s latest appearance on CNN from today.