JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the '80's I always wanted a Buck "Buckmaster". It wasnt till the 90's that I got my first one. It was a complete 184 in really good condition, I got it at a gun show for $25! I had to sell it a few years later (for $75, thinking I had made a killing) and was always on the lookout for another one. I finally got one on CL for $75, Then I decided to customize it. You might say bring it up to speed with the current tacti-cool program. Here it is before and after. Cerakote finish, new custom nylon MOLLE on the sheath with drop leg attachment.
buckmaster original condition.jpg buckmaster unsheathed with pins.jpg buckmaster sheathed with pins.jpg

I always wanted one of the Chris Reeve knives - the one piece hollow handle ones he used to make:

fs3230.jpg

But I just couldn't justify the cost.

So last winter I got one of these instead:

img-schf2-2.jpg

Crappy sheath, too heavy, poor balance and I am sure the steel is nothing to right home about - but it is one piece with a hollow handle and is more or less a copy of the CR knife.

Thinking back about mine, circa 1970, I could never bring myself to actually test-drive any of the survival supplies inside the handle under that clear plastic cover (big@ss storm matches. fish hooks, 1/2 lb test line). I didn't know when I might really need them, right? Perhaps if there'd been some condoms...

Last Edited:
A bit younger than some of you boys, I had (and still have sitting on my bookshelf in my office - my boys love to oogle over it any time they're there) a "21st Century" KaBar, with a matte high-carbon stainless blade and kydex sheath. I packed it on all my early backpacking trips but learned pretty quick that a huge bubblegum heavy bubblegum knife just isn't as useful as it seems..

Plus the kydex rattled like a sonuvabubblegum. I had to pack it with duct tape just to keep it down to a low roar.

bubblegumin' bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum, is there a single bubblegumin' expletive that doesn't get censored in this mother bubblegumer?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top