JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks like too much fun!
I can totally picture having my son and I out in the woods, making spears, throwing said spears at targets like an enemy, animal.. Etc (all made by us) but still.
What a blast, even if the knife wasnt too spectacular.

Good video!

Vietnam era k-bar, given to me by my step dad, I still have it. When I was about 12, we were camping at Lewistown Idaho. me and my brother and sisters were sleeping in the back of a old truck while my parents were sleeping in a tent. about 9 p.m., An old homeless drunk perv, came to our truck and started climbing in, said he wanted to sleep with me and my syblings. I brought my k-bar to the ready, and told him .. " No, you cannot sleep with us, and you need to leave now.." he looked me I the eyes,, and slithered back into the night. I stayed up most the night shooken up ,but standing guard over my younger siblings. told my parents the next day what happened, and i seem to remember they reported it, but nothing ever came of it.

IMG_20140203_092936.jpg

IMG_20140203_092936.jpg

Last Edited:
Mark not sure which one of us has to much time on there hands:s0114: you for making that or me for watching the whole thing;)

Oh and it was Missile Command for the Atari 2600 wish I still had it:s0114:

Great video as always:s0155:

I remember that stupid wire wood saw. If you tried to use it the damn thing would snap and it was hot. Burned the crapp outta me. But we all had to have one!

Sweet! I had one in the 80's.

Took one as a boy scout to a camporee. My friend and my went out "ramboing" at night, which meant putting on camouflage and running around the camp. The overzealous older explorer "security" type post caught wind of our operations and caught us. They went crazy and frisked us and confiscated my Chinese Survival knife! I was crushed. We were turned in to our scoutmaster and lost camp privileges the next morning.

Later, a former bubblegum A$$ jerk of a scoutmaster came to me and put in his words of shame and how bad of a boy scout I was and told me sheath knives were illegal at camp. He made me do a big run around to get it back.

Hmm, I wonder if I still have it in my boxes in the attic?

I enjoyed the heck out of making that video, 'cause It was like I was 12 all over again, but with nobody to tell me I couldn't do stuff or get my *** beat for spearing George. It was fun.

My better half got bored halfway through the video and doesn't even know George took a hit yet. It's our secret!! :)

I was just asking a buddy if he remembered those pos things mine would have had to be heated up to cut butter and the blade was barely attached to the handle but we all had to have one.

Jordan.. I had a similar one, two or three years after the Rambo knife. A 'Boot Knife', as I recall it being advertised as. Double sided dagger blade. I broke the tip of the knife off in my friends hardwood floor, as I recall, and did a piss poor job of trying to re-contour the blade to point it again.

While I was about 35 when Rambo came out I wanted a hollow handle survival knife too! No junk though! After much drooling over Chris Reeves beautiful but expensive knives I got a M96 Swedesh bayonette. First I ground the muzzle ring and spring loaded stud off, then welded an appropriate sized nut over the end of the hilt. Next I slipped an "O" ring over a shortened bolt, screwed it into the nut and contoured them together. These baby's had excellent steel in the blade and were made by Carl Gustaf. I've had it for another 30 years now, it resists rust like mad. Now this darned video is going to make me open it up and try the matches!

The original "Rambo" knife was made by Jimmy Lile one of the great knifemakers. He was a very nice soft spoken man with hands that felt like they should belong to a country Doctor rather then a Blacksmith. He was kind enough to sign my recommenders sheet and endorse me for membership into the Knifemakers Guild.

The knives he made for the Movies were extremely high quality as were the many many copies he sold. Where the design went to bubblegum was when the knockoffs hit the market.

http://www.cartertown.com/rambo1.htm

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top