Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rem700 SPS .308 w/ removable mag

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by TRD1911, Aug 18, 2010.

1. TRD1911

TRD1911 Kitsap, A-stan Member

Looking into purchasing a remington 700 sps .308 tactical with Hogue stock. I was wondering if there was a way to modify this rifle in order to have a removable magazine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm more of an assault rifle and pistol guy so I'm trying to round out my small arsenal with a long gun, which is new territory to me.

2. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

3. TRD1911

TRD1911 Kitsap, A-stan Member

That was a bit more $$ than expected. May be worth it to have more than 4 rounds available at once though. I've done minor gun work, I.e. converting a saiga 12, polishing internals.... would I be out of my league attempting that convertion?

4. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

You might look up Kwik Clip. Cabelas sells them, they come with a 3-4 round mag (depending on your caliber) and you can purchuse extra 10 round mags. They are designed to replace the hinged floor plate 700's, but I just cut the bottom of my stock with a Dremel, shaved some spots out, and now it looks ALMOST like it's supposed to be like that. At least for my rifle, it changed how easy it was to access the bolt release in the trigger gaurd. The Kwik Clip is thicker metal, so it's just a bit harder to get to. Other than that, it works great.

5. WCTLEGUNSMITH

WCTLEGUNSMITH Bellevue, WA USA New Member

Kwik Clips are great but, they only make the long action right now. I have talked with them, and they are working on the short action version. Have installed 20+ and have not had a problem. Get the 10 rd mag- It makes target shooting better.