JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$350
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
State
Oregon
This old 742 barely has a scratch on it and the bluing is very deep. As with many of these old semi-autos of Remington's, it has it's jamming issues. Usually the first 3 or 4 shots are trouble free and then the failures to extract begin. I've never taken it apart to try and clean out the chamber really well, and no doubt that would help. I found that if I lube up the rounds before loading up (giggity) then it pretty much takes care of extraction issues. Shoots 2moa with federal blue box.

$350 and no trades on this one.

SODD0SQ.jpg 8sGekn7.jpg rpV15DN.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Is the rail held in place by the factory screws, or were new holes drilled and tapped? Do you know whether it is a C&R?
I bought the gun with the rail attached, but I am pretty sure they came from the factory drilled and tapped. This is a 60's gun, if I remember correctly, so it would be just hitting that 50 year mark. I can give you the serial number in a pm if you want to double check.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.