JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to sell my Remington 700 375 H&H. I have about 30 factory rounds. 40 brass pieces, dies, 50 projectiles. It has a nice Leopold scope.
I'm not sure what its worth. Any recommendations or offers?

8013185025.jpeg

Moved to discussion area. Once you have decided on an amount you wish to sell it for create an ad/ classified for it.

Cabela's had 3 with a synthetic stock and no optic, matte finish new with an $800 tag. So certainly yours with an optic would fetch more than that

I know there is a difference between a remington 700 and a Sako L61R but I just picked up a Sako in 375 H&H with a 3-9 Zeia Conquest scope . The rifle and scope are mint condition. Paid 1400 for it on Gun Broker..

IMHO good quality name brand used hunting rifles sell for 6-700 dollars with out a scope. The thing about scopes is that every seller thinks it adds value to the rifle and it does for them. But some buyers might have a different brand preference or make/model in mind. Heck I've bought a rifle before just because I had a scope on the shelf that needed a home.
You might think my guessament price is too low but again IMHO that's where they sell at, you'll see a lot of long term adds with prices much higher but they aren't selling at least not until they find "that one guy" that is looking for exactly that rifle in that caliber with that scope and is willing to pay that price.

I certainly could be wrong but.....I think that is a safari grade 700. rumor has it they were turned out by Remington's custom shop. Not your everyday 700.
edited for spelling

Last Edited:
I Do believe it is a custom safari, Can anyone decode these markings on the barrel better?
I think its a 1958.. The serial is confusing to understand.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_6600.jpg IMG_6602.jpg IMG_6614.jpg

The rifle pictured in post #1 is indeed a safari grade model 700. It also appears to be the same rifle pictured here: https://www.chuckhawks.com/remington_BDL_safari.htm like, the very same rifle. The rifle pictured in post #14 is a different rifle, a 700 in a much more common "off the shelf" configuration. Still a .375 H&H model 700, tho.
I had a safari grade .375 H&H model 700 as pictured in post #1. Wonderful rifle and an excellent shooter with reduced SR4759 loads. I had two 375's at the time, the 700 and a Ruger No. 1. The Ruger felt like it kicked TWICE as hard as the Remington, shooting the same reduced loads in both. Eventually ended up selling both. Miss the 700 way more than the Ruger.

Last Edited:
The rifle pictured in post #1 is indeed a safari grade model 700. It also appears to be the same rifle pictured here: https://www.chuckhawks.com/remington_BDL_safari.htm like, the very same rifle. The rifle pictured in post #14 is a different rifle, a 700 in a much more common "off the shelf" configuration. Still a .375 H&H model 700, tho.
Not only the same rifle, but the same photo, borrowed from that article I assume. Interesting.

Zombie thread alert, by the way.

Not from the '50s....Looks like '93 if I'm deciphering the envelope right.

I'm not sure if this was the original purchase. Based on what I can find the serial states 1959. But I'm looking for a confirmation. Seems like no one really knows how to read these serials?

James

I cannot edit that original photo.. I was trying to find a similar photo of the rifle back when i started the thread, but then later uploaded realtime photos.... Could admin delete original photo?

James - I wouldn't worry about what's stamped on the barrel, just go with the serial number on the receiver. I believe an "E" prefix 700 would be early to mid 1990s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top