JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got an 1100 SG at Cabelas. It has 2 VR barrels, neither original. It is 2 3/4 12GA barrels are 30"full, and 25" imp cyl. I will get a new o-ring. Should I change the 2 metal piston rings as well? It was dry inside but in great shape. I believe it is about 40years old. Should I get a change choke barrel and sell off these present two? I intend to learn trap shooting. I have been a NRA bullseye and smallbore prone shooter for years, and years, and years... Also deer hunter with Remington 721 many times.

if the 30 full has a rib it would something to get started in trap with.

The O rings and piston rings are available from Brownells, pretty reasonable IIRC.

A damn fine shotgun,

Tip: Get the stock fitted to you, correct length of pull and a good pad like a pachmeyer SC100 will make all the difference.

Great shotgun to start with shooting trap or skeet, try both it is a great sport.
There will be guys out there handing you all kinds of shotguns to fondle, some will insist you shoot part or an entire round. if you make a fuss about there shotgun and show a true interest.
It has been years for me [due to location] since I shot trap and skeet but I don't think the gentlemen involved with the sport have changed over time. I met remarkable people shooting trap and skeet.

Oh and buy the way each barrel full for trap and improved cylinder for Skeet - Perfect-

Last Edited:
The 1100 taught me how to shoot shotgun (and I was convinced I was a hopeless case). Mostly because it practically does everything for you. Imagine a broken clay, and the 1100 does the rest.

I would replace the slide pistons along with the o-ring. (This based on your estimate of the gun's age). Note the stacking order. (most came with a silver sticky-label as a reminder: pretty durable sticky label---mine is vintage 1971.)

Shooting an old light twelve, my first new gun age 15. I Carried grocery's up five story Brownstones in the Bronx, NY for about three months, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday after school and all day Saturday, then into the night. Twenty five dollars, four days labor after school and all day on Saturday. Turn in your tips or get fired. Mike Deagon working for Finest Grocery 1960s - Quarters were mane with real silver in those days.
I worked hard for that gun
Always wanted an 1100 never did work out.