JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK...LISTEN UP....GO HERE... -----> Dan Newberry's OCW Load Development System

You can develop 'THE' load in 50 rounds (33 if you know what to look for) and it will shoot MOA with =/- .3gr of charge variation.

Don't believe me? Take a look at this thread... <broken link removed>

PS- Do you all ever wonder how/why Federal Gold Medal Match shoots so well in 99% of every gun...heavy barrel, sporter barrel, long, short, well...it's not magic.

PS- Do you all ever wonder how/why Federal Gold Medal Match shoots so well in 99&#37; of every gun...heavy barrel, sporter barrel, long, short, well...it's not magic.

I have to agree with you. I was given a box of twenty .308Win Gold Medal Match to try in both my .308Win guns - a Krico 650S with many thousands of rounds down the barrel, and my K31-actioned Schulz & Larsen target rifle.

The Krico put five shots into just under a half inch [got a scope on it] and the Frankenthing made a 3/4 MOA group [target diopter sights].

The only thing that put me off was the $238.00 a hundred that the stuff costs here...

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund
Member - Clark Rifles Inc., Brush Prairie WA

I have to agree with you. I was given a box of twenty .308Win Gold Medal Match to try in both my .308Win guns - a Krico 650S with many thousands of rounds down the barrel, and my K31-actioned Schulz & Larsen target rifle.

The Krico put five shots into just under a half inch [got a scope on it] and the Frankenthing made a 3/4 MOA group [target diopter sights].

The only thing that put me off was the $238.00 a hundred that the stuff costs here...

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund
Member - Clark Rifles Inc., Brush Prairie WA

Yep'r...the OCW doesn't initially shoot for accuracy, rather common point of impact between 3 successive charge weights, low nominal and high. Once the nominal is identified the bullet seating depth is altered to achieve superior accuracy all the while the reloaded can have the variation of +/-.3 and in more accurate rifle +/-.5gr spread.

Also when going to different elevations and temperatures the OCW load will be forgiving enough to accomodate these changes because again the 3 charges share the same POI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top