JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey I am as new as they come to owning guns (although I have shot many over the years). anyway, I recently purchased a large bore hunting rifle which I am going to start to reload ammo for.

are there site sponsors here who specialize in this sort of thing? Just need the basics - nothin' fancy.

btw if you guys have any Don't do and Definitely do advice feel free to chime in.

thanks in advance.

wow......my second post here.:D

start with a RockChucker press,even a used one.It'sl mass makes re sizing any caliber case an easy one.
then,it's whatever your budget allows,and just how finicky you want to be.
for example,there are 25.00 scales,and 125.00 scales.same with powder measures and dies,case trimmers,etc.
taking a class is a very good idea,rifle ammo reloading is not hard,but it does take time and equipment.

yup - thanks guys. I think I have the reloading technique down, I just need the tools to do it. I will go the RCBS rock chucker. I actually used a friends over the weekend.

what source do you guys use for reloading specifications (power load/case sizing etc)

A good start is going to your local sporting goods store and peruse the reloading manuals (if they're out of the shrink wrap--GI Joe's used to be good for this). Also, reloadersnest.com has very good info. A general posting on this website will get you a load (pun intended) of informative responses. Just remember, reloading is equal parts alchemy, science, and luck.

And get a chronograph.

I always buy Lymans latest manual to keep up to date, along with many others. I have some of them from way back in the 1970's. Great reference for the older calibers.

Sometimes you can find a bundled set of reloading gear on Craigs list for sale. I sold two sets back 3 years ago for $100 and $150 RCBS and Pacific. Complete with die sets.

I'm not a reloader, but the guys at Accurate Reloading seem to have a lot of data, from 17 caliber up to 700 Nitro. Just curious, what cartridge are you reloading for?

RELOADING

338 winmag and 44 mag and maybe 308 winchester if I get the gun I want... this is turning out to be more than a hobby its like a life style.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top