JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what Im reading, there does seem to be a big difference in price if you reload. $3-$8 a box for 45acp. That seems pretty good as to what a new box of 50 goes for.

Depending on the caliber, it can be a lot cheaper.

As far as time, I didnt know that you could reload that fast. I guess I was thinking that a hour of reloading would only yield about 50-60 rounds. Guess I was wrong.

You can't reload nearly that fast unless you have fabulous equipment and don't count the time cleaning brass, organizing, ordering or buying supplies, etc.

As far as the equipment, Im guessing over time it would pay for itself?

Yes it will if you stick with it. :s0155:

Warning: Reloading isn't for everyone. You have to like details, sitting at your bench, paying close attention... Did you like building model cars or a model railroad setup or do you like working on detailed things?

I like reloading BC you do save some $$ and are in more control of your ammo.

Instead of spending $25 for a box of 308 Federal Gold Match .308. I can produce 50+ for about the same cost.

Also reloading is a must if you want to create subsonic loads for any suppressed guns.

Originally when I started reloading 2-3 decades back, the prime reason was cost savings in ammo when you shoot a lot. However eventually I became motivated as much by the quality of ammunition as cost. I'll give you an example. Recently I acquired a CZ 527 Kevlar Varmint with a Leupold 4.5-14x 40mm LR/T MD scope (both new). I fired some handloads I had put together with a Dillon 550 progressive using once fired Lake City brass, Hornady 52 gr HPBT bullets and 28 grains W748. Performance was ho-hum, turning in groups of 1 to 1.5 inch at 100 yards. So I turned around and loaded some on my RCBS Rockchucker using new Lapua brass, Berger 52 gr Match bullets and 26 gr H335. The first 3 shot group out the tube measured 0.4 inches, and continued on likewise. Yes Dorothy, reloading really does make a difference and can turn a gun that shoots so-so into one that does significantly better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top