JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you listen to?

• Total voters
Reactions
What do you listen to when reloading?

I mean besides your wife complaining.

Since I'm young(ger) I like to listen to some electronic music in the headphones. The beat and rhythm is important to keep me in my groove and it allows me to dance a little while I'm dropping powder when the bass drops....

I've tried to listen to my own breathing and bowel sounds but I get bored and sidetracked really easily.

I know we all want consistent ammunition so that's why I ask. This is research to help us reload better quality munitions.

That's a two part question for me.

When processing brass I listen to pandora on the iPad. OH and the wife.
When setting primers, powder and bullets into their casing , nothing as I'm new to the progressive press I'm using now.
The wife leaves me alone during this stage of reloading. I told her I need to concentrate. So I don't kill myself or someone else

Great question.

"I Tunes" radio on the computer, not very loud. I load in the small bed room in the house and my chair rolls from the PC about three feet to the loading table. I'll be playing TRUE classic country, or golden oldies/ bee bop/ sock hop stuff.

I was trying to find a .wav file of a guy that synthesizes the sounds of the first mechanical computer into music. no joy
The sounds our machines make are valuable and a bit like music.
I listen to talk radio or a hickock45 podcast or the like.. not with headphones though.

I have a tiny Radio Shack component stereo with Amp Tuner and Minumus 7 speakers. I have a Portable CD player connected to it and listen to either KGON classic rock or play one of my 600 CD's I can also connect it to the phone and run Pandora or to the Wife's Sansa Player and listen to about 50 albums on it. It comes on when the lights are on in the reloading room.

I do like my music while I work and reload! I like a wide range of music.

7000 plus songs on my IPOD and its hooked up to a Denon receiver and a few studio monitors.

I don't really like headphones, as I like to feel the music. Sometimes windows in the other end of the house rattle..

Since I'm young(ger) I like to listen to some electronic music in the headphones. The beat and rhythm is important to keep me in my groove and it allows me to dance a little while I'm dropping powder when the bass drops....

I've tried to listen to my own breathing and bowel sounds but I get bored and sidetracked really easily.

I know we all want consistent ammunition so that's why I ask. This is research to help us reload better quality munitions.

Facking hilarious!

tinnitus_zpsagdnh1fr.jpg

lol...

Normally I'm a 94.7 kinda guy, but for some reason any talking while I'm reloading just pisses me off.

So I just hook the tablet to the garage receiver and Pandora Ambient or Liquid Mind radio...

In the Seattle area there is only one good rock n roll station so that's what the radio in my garage is tuned to. Which station you ask? KZOK, 102.5 Classic rock!!!

What can I say, ya can't go wrong with "Classic":cool:

Classic rock radio. Not just when I'm reloading---any time I'm out in the shop.
92.3, 105.1, 106.7----doesn't really matter.

I do like my music while I work and reload! I like a wide range of music.

7000 plus songs on my IPOD and its hooked up to a Denon receiver and a few studio monitors.

I don't really like headphones, as I like to feel the music. Sometimes windows in the other end of the house rattle..

Yup, just like Velzy. I play mine on 52+ (Denon volume). I'm in the garage so my wife doesn't complain until I turn the volume up past 65.

I cannot imagine using headphones. One pull of the press handle, and those suckers would be ripped off my head.
I never tumble while doing loading - why have an obnoxious noise disturb the peaceful relaxation of reloading?

Yup, just like Velzy. I play mine on 52+ (Denon volume). I'm in the garage so my wife doesn't complain until I turn the volume up past 65.

I cannot imagine using headphones. One pull of the press handle, and those suckers would be ripped off my head.
I never tumble while doing loading - why have an obnoxious noise disturb the peaceful relaxation of reloading?

I tried headphones, ripped them out of my ears twice! That was it!

Tumbling I do out in my detached shop. I have a giant tumbler that I can put 1500 or so 30-06 empties in and I swear the thing makes all the bugs come out of the ground!

I have tried listening to the local radio, I just cannot do it. I cant stand all the commercials!

I would say that you need to concentrate on reloading and not have any distractions at all.
If you are using a progressive press you need to be listening to it.Every sound it makes when it's working right needs to be heard.Then when something is wrong you will be tuned to it

So I say all this because when I do the mindless reloading on my turret press I can zone out in that manner. I have a light that shines directly down into the cases so when powder is dropped its easy to verify, with the bench being a stand up super easy to look into the cases.

I deprime and size then tumble so it's not like I do all stages at once.

Prime, drop powder and seat bullet/crimp. Very easy to rock out. :) :) :)

It depends upon what I am loading and the weather. I am out in the styx and so radio reception is frequently unacceptable except for a couple of local stations which are booooooooooooring (oldies that I hated when they were newbies or right wing wacko talk shows. When I can get stations further away (like Seattle or Tacoma) I will listen to talk/news/NPR radio, while ignoring the left wing wacko stations.

If I am loading for my roscoes, I listen to old time radio crime shows DLed fron the internet. I don't listen to internet radio because I am DLing tv shows or football (the REAL football) on the www.

It depends upon what I am loading and the weather. I am out in the styx and so radio reception is frequently unacceptable except for a couple of local stations which are booooooooooooring (oldies that I hated when they were newbies or right wing wacko talk shows. When I can get stations further away (like Seattle or Tacoma) I will listen to talk/news/NPR radio, while ignoring the left wing wacko stations.

If I am loading for my roscoes, I listen to old time radio crime shows DLed fron the internet. I don't listen to internet radio because I am DLing tv shows or football (the REAL football) on the www.
I had to change my habit for at least one day after seeing/hearing the Surfer Bird posts. That was our company's signature song (unofficial) supposedly to let the VC know it was marine engineers not doggies fixing the bridge/whatever and we would go after snipers. Our little squad was not so sure about the efficacy of that kind of advertising since we were out front with the metal detectors and (allegedly) trained mine spotting eyeballs. Anyway someone had made a 15 minute tape of the song--mostly the mau mau part and I could never get it out of my head and ---hmmm --thanks a lot guys..................or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top