JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bravo deadshot2! Well said.:s0155:

X2 on that one:s0155:

I myself being a newbie to reloading enjoy these threads. I have asked a few times about this also. Seems like everyone has there own opinion and we all know how that works:s0114: But I will say one thing I always see is a post by deadshot2 and the info is great to read!

Oh and for the OP I have looked at all the kits and yes there are a few. But after looking I decided on a Lee Cast Classic and then just get all the parts you need from there. I would rather get the parts I want rather than what they think you need then just have a few items sitting around collecting dust. Plus the Lee stuff is made in the USA. I know a few products now are made overseas or outsourced. Good luck with your adventure!

I cut my teeth on a lyman single stage turret press I still have today! It's older than my 70 year old dad. You have to learn the mistakes we all do. Don't let that discourage you. I seriously recommend the hornady lock n load classic single stage kit. You get a press, a scale , manual, (READ IT!) ask a lot of questions of the dealer. They want you to believe me. I have that press for my match grade rifle and pistol rounds. And I have the hornady lock n load ap progressive press, after 20 plus years I still goof off a few rounds, but ive learned to catch em in time. Start off with that single stage. Hornady makes the most forgiving easiest to understand presses in the biz.

I cut my teeth on a lyman single stage turret press I still have today! It's older than my 70 year old dad. You have to learn the mistakes we all do. Don't let that discourage you. I seriously recommend the hornady lock n load classic single stage kit. You get a press, a scale , manual, (READ IT!) ask a lot of questions of the dealer. They want you to believe me. I have that press for my match grade rifle and pistol rounds. And I have the hornady lock n load ap progressive press, after 20 plus years I still goof off a few rounds, but ive learned to catch em in time. Start off with that single stage. Hornady makes the most forgiving easiest to understand presses in the biz.

Many years ago, i started with a Lee single stage classic cast press. But, i then ended up with 2 Lee pro 1000 presses. One of the pro 1000 presses is set up to run small primers and the other for the large primers.

I can easily load 500 rounds of handgun ammo per hour on th pro 1000's.

I did have a toggle break last year, so i contacted a very nice lady at Lee and i purchased the roller handle upgrade kit, since the toggles are solid steel and not cast. Well not only did she send me the roller handle upgrade kit i purchased, she also sent me a new set of old style toggles, a new shell plate carrier and other assorted parts, free of charge.

I ended up with enough extra parts to rebuild a press when needed, now that is some excellent customer service.

If i was to purchase another press, i would seriously consider a Lee Load Master, since it has extra stations, so i could use the Lee factory crimp die at the same time.
But, as it is now i or my kids run the progressive press and the other uses the single stage lee press for the factory crimp dies.

Well I scored a Lee hand press from the Wifeoid for Christmas, plus a full set of .308 Win dies and the primer loader thingy. I also got as part of the package a sweet little scale that will do just about everything I need it to for now. Definitely a cheap way to get introduced to it, plus it's something I could drag along with me places should I need to.

Well I scored a Lee hand press from the Wifeoid for Christmas, plus a full set of .308 Win dies and the primer loader thingy. I also got as part of the package a sweet little scale that will do just about everything I need it to for now. Definitely a cheap way to get introduced to it, plus it's something I could drag along with me places should I need to.

Make sure you properly lube cases when sizing using the Lee Hand Press. If you get a case stuck in that press you'll need a friend that can bend #5 Rebar with his hands to get it unstuck. That's the one thing I hate about mine. It's not fun for Full Length Sizing. I use mine with a bushing die and expander mandrel. THAT's manageable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top