JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've found a lot of new manuals are very conservative with their data, the Hornady book is pathetic. Nosler and Sierra are better but working up loads is still the safest way.

most of the powder companies have load data on their website.

personally, i only have one book. nosler #7. the rest i get online and then work up my own load.

ive used a lot of data from a friends hornady book too.

This is what i was really wondering, if it's even worth having the books any more. I'm adding a few cal. to my bench, and this is the main reason I was asking as my books don't cover any thing newer then 10 years ago. I have also noticed the books I have looked at recently seem pretty tame compared to what I have in my older books, that really dosnt bother me as I always work up from base, or known proven loads.

This is what i was really wondering, if it's even worth having the books any more. I'm adding a few cal. to my bench, and this is the main reason I was asking as my books don't cover any thing newer then 10 years ago. I have also noticed the books I have looked at recently seem pretty tame compared to what I have in my older books, that really dosnt bother me as I always work up from base, or known proven loads.

Mine are very old. Since the web got going I no longer bothered to buy. The bullet manufacturers and the powder manufacturers started putting it all out for free. Also so damn easy to double check now if I want to try something new. Since all my rolling now is just for practice stuff and not that much of that even, tend to just stick with what I picked up while back. This is one place the net really shines though. So much info there just for the taking.

Just started looking at a few sites, this is the way to go, and the new calibers I'm adding are fully coverd, you guys are right, no need for new books! Even some of the odd ball euro stuff not normally found are coverd! I'm gonna need some new dies now, darn it!:)

I'm fairly new to reloading and I use the web only. I just cant justify something sitting on the shelf that I probably wouldn't use but a couple times. In fact, I dont know that I have ran into a situation where I wish I had a book, when I can get more info, and probably faster, on the web.

I like comparing different bullet and powder manufacture's load data. The Sierra load data
lists "most accurate" load at the bottom of each data sheet. I have found this most accurate
load pretty hard to beat. Good starting point. I have one of these Loadbooks USA for
each caliber I reload.:rolleyes:
upload_2017-10-25_0-55-10.png

I'm fairly new to reloading and I use the web only. I just cant justify something sitting on the shelf that I probably wouldn't use but a couple times. In fact, I dont know that I have ran into a situation where I wish I had a book, when I can get more info, and probably faster, on the web.

Same here but what will we do if the internet ever fails? Books will take up space but I like having written text to fall back on, Hell if needed, I could burn the books to cook some vittles...:eek::eek::eek::p:p I copy the pertinent info into my Relader book (black book) with the min & max tolerances then work up the load and log it with lots of !!! and underlines with stars pointing to the BEST LOAD....:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top