JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I just realized....remember all those people who say to new reloaders to buy a progressive machine? Rrrright......not saying that the case removal can't be done. But....I'm imagining the possible additional shell plate damage.

Last Edited:
The freezer trick didn't work. Vice grips on the case to wiggle it loose didn't work either.

per RCBS- put water in the case, let sit over night get some hardened steel rod as close to the neck diameter as possible, put a braker rod on my press handle and it should pop right out. He said they do it all the time.

Soak it with WD40 overnight which will also help in the removal of the case.
Then get pliers and keep the die screwed into the press and start working the case out. Be sure to wear face & throat protection and gloves etc in case the primer still pops.
OR... Say eff it and buy a new die.

I've used PB Blaster (penetrating oil) with good success in this same scenario minus live primer.;)

I would put on a safety shield and hit that primer with some heat(until it pops), like a propane or map gas torch, if you can heat up the brass enough, it should anneal it and loosen it right up. Rest it on a brick or something that won't conduct heat away from the die but focus the heat on the case head only.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top