JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a reg. resizing die not a SB resizing die.

As for the primer pocket. I usually use a reamer. It usually works for my military crimped rifle brass. BUT recently, I've run into a problem with 9mm primer pockets that refuse to take the standard small pistol primers (commercial or military brass) after they've been reamed.

I've purchased a Dillon swage to hopefully fix that problem.

Aloha, Mark

could be the primers, I've loaded millions of rounds , and components aren't always to spec. case wall thickness, bullet diameter , primer size etc..
when you ream, you just take out the crimp or stakes of the case . advantage is it done . No more fiddling with pockets unless you feel you need to clean them .

What, the military brass? I pick up brass and have found that LC, FC, IMI & RP have crimped primer pockets. Before I got a Lyman case prep x-press I chucked the primer pocket reamer into a cordless drill & prepped about 200 cases.... what a pain....o_O

I do mine in a drill press. Having it stationary helps speed things up quite a bit.

I know that some rifle brass are military crimped but I just found out today that 40 Smith & Wesson also has some type of primer crimp. I wasted like seven primers before I caught on........ I had a Homer moment!!!! That's what I learned today.
The cases on the left have crimps, the right is removed......
20170126_153708.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads