JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a reg. resizing die not a SB resizing die.

As for the primer pocket. I usually use a reamer. It usually works for my military crimped rifle brass. BUT recently, I've run into a problem with 9mm primer pockets that refuse to take the standard small pistol primers (commercial or military brass) after they've been reamed.

I've purchased a Dillon swage to hopefully fix that problem.

Aloha, Mark

could be the primers, I've loaded millions of rounds , and components aren't always to spec. case wall thickness, bullet diameter , primer size etc..
when you ream, you just take out the crimp or stakes of the case . advantage is it done . No more fiddling with pockets unless you feel you need to clean them .

What, the military brass? I pick up brass and have found that LC, FC, IMI & RP have crimped primer pockets. Before I got a Lyman case prep x-press I chucked the primer pocket reamer into a cordless drill & prepped about 200 cases.... what a pain....o_O

I do mine in a drill press. Having it stationary helps speed things up quite a bit.

I know that some rifle brass are military crimped but I just found out today that 40 Smith & Wesson also has some type of primer crimp. I wasted like seven primers before I caught on........ I had a Homer moment!!!! That's what I learned today.
The cases on the left have crimps, the right is removed......
20170126_153708.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads