JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Generally, Lee dies have a lifespan of about 10-50K rounds, -snip-

That will do most guys for a long, long time. Maybe a lifetime. I've not yet reloaded 50k rounds in any one caliber. For my hunting rifle, 1000 rounds may do me for a lifetime. For my SHTF guns, 20k m/l. I've never worn out a Lee die but I have broken a couple of decapping rods on mil crimps. I keep a couple of spares on hand.

for SHTF use, you should consider a better die set, and you should be reloading now, there won't be much idle time for reloading when there's crops to tend, animals to keep and food to prepare. Even then, you don't want to be trying to handle your reloading while you've got zombies at the gate.

for SHTF use, you should consider a better die set, and you should be reloading now, there won't be much idle time for reloading when there's crops to tend, animals to keep and food to prepare. Even then, you don't want to be trying to handle your reloading while you've got zombies at the gate.

I agree on everything but the die sets. I have all of the ammo I'll ever need. If I get in enough firefights to use a fraction of it, I'll be dead. I do have a lot more components, but I consider them more for barter than anything.

I'm not going to raise any animals yet. I can shoot ducks and geese and deer and elk from my house windows. The deer and elk may thin out, but the ducks and geese are migratory.

You should see the shtf setup I have. A couple of members here have. I even have a clean crisp snow melt well I can siphon from - 100 gpm. I'll be providing my neighbors with potable water. I can siphon to my garden spot because the well is on top of the hill with the house and the garden is down below. Still I can easily see the garden from my windows. I have two neighbors below me at about 300 yards and we have enough poly pipe to get to their houses and gardens.

Don't worry about me. Worry about you. :)

Since we're moving over to SHTF, we should probably move this over to another forum, but you gave me something of an idea... what about just connecting to your neighbors through the current municipal system, but capping their pipes so it doesn't continue through the rest of the muni system?

Since we're moving over to SHTF, we should probably move this over to another forum, but you gave me something of an idea... what about just connecting to your neighbors through the current municipal system, but capping their pipes so it doesn't continue through the rest of the muni system?

We're in the county and everyone has a well. I'm the only one who's high enough, and has enough water with a high enough static level to siphon. Right now we have a pump of course for normal water pressure but the siphon would water gardens and livestock and give lots of clean drinking water. We are not all interconnected by pipes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top