JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you using a small base die for sizing? That will size the brass down to the minimum spec and is generally recommended for sizing brass from semi-automatic firearms so I would assume it applies to automatic as well.

elsie

How long have you been reloading? What dies are you using? How are you setting your sizing die? Are you checking/trimming the brass to length?

Maybe not properly sizing the brass? How about bullet seating 'cartridge overall length'? Try to chamber a resized brass and see how the bolt closes, then go from there.

The brass has been resized and cut to length. I get the same results with or without the bullet. Commercial brass works fine.
Thanks for responding
Gery

I haven't been reloading long. Probably a few thousand rounds. My dies are RCBS and I have both a single stage RCBS single stage and Nornaday AP. The brass has been sized and cut to length. Everything works fine on commercial brass.
Thanks for responding
Gerry

Are you adjusting your sizing die properly? Here's a good guide..

How to Adjust Reloading Dies

"Here is how to adjust the resizing die to full length resize cases. First, run the ram to the top of the reloading press stroke with the proper shell holder installed. Second, screw the resizing die into the press until it stops against the elevated shell holder. Third, all play must be removed from the system. To do this, lower the ram and turn the die 1/8 to 1/4 turn farther into the press. Check the adjustment by returning the shell holder to the top of its stroke--you should feel the press cam over center. Now set the large lock ring and your die is adjusted to properly full length resize cases."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top