JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've run into a few issues with various items, and so far all have been worked through or remedied by the manufacturer. I'm working one really strange issue currently with Lyman but it's not a showstopper...

The RCBS case trimmer for bulk trimming compared to a motorized unit doesn't cut it.
They do come in handy for small lots though.

Reloading manuals - I use some regularly, others only reference bullets I never purchase and they have been collecting dust for a while.

For it's been everything I've ever bought made by Hornady, with exception to the OAL tooling that was taken over from Stoney Point. The dies were the worst, three sets and battles with Hornady CS. Now the only red on my bench is Forster.

For it's been everything I've ever bought made by Hornady, with exception to the OAL tooling that was taken over from Stoney Point. The dies were the worst, three sets and battles with Hornady CS. Now the only red on my bench is Forster.
I have one die set for .45 that seems to work fine - I've ran lots & compared with my RCBS dies and didn't notice any issues. Love their bullets, never owned one of their presses... Bummer to hear customer support was lacking.

I have one die set for .45 that seems to work fine - I've ran lots & compared with my RCBS dies and didn't notice any issues. Love their bullets, never owned one of their presses... Bummer to hear customer support was lacking.
Well I didn't think of that, I do,have some bullets I've used for my .300wm but haven't been able to test them yet.
The biggest issue I had was a new .38/.357 die set. After sizing the bullet would drop into the brass, no neck tension at all. First they told me I didn't set the die up correctly, then said I must have honed the die. Refused to make it right, luckily Midway is a better company than Hornady and handled the return.

Lee Pro 1000 press
A disaster. So many good ideas that were so cheaply executed that they failed or broke or stuck
The case collator was a great idea buy the cheap plastic tubes cracked and broke easily. The primer feed caused primers to tumble or hang up and the gearing for the shell plate stripped
All of this within 500 rounds of my setting it up.
I love my Lee turret press and will never shy away from Lee dies but accessories by Lee are crap like the priming tool that had its trigger break off on the 3rd session. They just use cheap, cheap plastic.
From 1996 on, if I'm using a progressive, I'm using a Dillon. 601904

I have never found a decent outside case mouth deburring tool. All are machined at too obtuse of an angle and leave a small ridge on the outside of the case mouth. Reaming that ridge completely off leaves the case mouth too thin at its opening and more susceptible to cracking.

There are VLD inside turners, but no VLD-type outside turners that I am aware of. The existing solution is an outside neck turning tool, but those can be $$$ and are designed for rifle calibers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top