Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reloading Dies Question

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by pmaspks, Aug 19, 2009.

1. pmaspks

pmaspks Tualatin New Member

My post is seeking the answer to a question rather than something for sale. I am considering purchasing a reloading press. My question is, will most Redding and/or RCBS presses take both handgun and rifle dies? In other words, can I handload for my 9mm and my .270 using the same press?

Thanks for any help.

2. actionflies

actionflies Beaverton, Oregon Member

You can load handgun and rifle calibers. The only press that I know only load handgun calibers is a dillon square B. BTW, this is a wrong forum for your post. It should be in the reloading forum.

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Wrong place for this thread and to answer your question you would be best off to buy a Barnes, Speer, Hornady, or Nosler reloading book before you start anything. Not trying to be offensive but read before you do anything.

4. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Check the manufacturer. A Lee Pro 1000 progressive press will load handgun though .223, but not larger so it wouldn't load your .270. A lee Classic Turret will do all. Shotguns are different presses.

Just check manufacturer or ask someone in the reloading section here.

5. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A dillion 550 will load most all handgun and many rifle including the 270. Have one if interested or go to Dillonprecision.com for full info

6. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Best to start with single stage press and Lee has an inexpensive starter until you decide to go progressive. Do a little research first to see what you are in for with reloading. I have done it for 30+ years and love it....