JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what I used haha I made this just to keep everything in one place w/o having to go back and forth between pages. If I can't sleep again I may even turn this into a Access database lol

I have Access but have no clue on how to use it! LOL. I can only do very basic stuff with Excel... Would like to find a way to learn both because I know they can be very beneficial.

Kudos to you Shoe for sharing your work. Thanks!
AMProducts, I agree with you on database. Excel is a useful tool but for business, DBs are much, much better.

However, in tracking costs, I'm with Evil Twin - it's a hobby! My calculations are done on a piece of paper. If I actually thought about how much my hobbies cost, or how dangerous they were, I'd never get out and do them. Buy it, shoot the hell out of it! Have fun or die trying!

Personally I think it's better than golf for building business relationships. I've taken guys out, shot out >$150 on ammo and months later they still talk about that day.

Personally I think it's better than golf for building business relationships. I've taken guys out, shot out >$150 on ammo and months later they still talk about that day.

I've done the same with customers and golf. Take them out, blow $150 or more on Green Fee's, Cart, Booze, food, and golf balls. Sometimes they're still talking about our outing later as well. Usually how bad one of the group shot and how many balls he lost :cool:

Decided to try and beat the cost of copper Gas checks, aprox. $35.00k :s0131:
so I bought a gas check cutter. $100.00 icon_smile.gif

Right away I found it was very difficult to make it work in my RCBS jr.,
so I bought a 1 ton Arbor press.$50.00

The Arbor press was great, but the cutter kept falling over, so I had
to buy some oversized drills and counter bore the press anvil to hold the cutter. $25.00 icon_sad.gif

Now for material.
My local Sears has .014 aluminum flashing 50'x6". You can special order it from their supplier, for $40.00 a roll.

Cut into 3/4" wide strips, that's approximately 800 strips per roll. Being careful I can punch 8 GC per strip giving
me 6,400 gas checks per roll. That's a savings of almost $5.00. At this rate I'll only have to shoot about 6,400
.459 cal. bullets to amortize the cost of making my own gas checks. icon_wink.gif

After that, THEY'RE FREE !!!

Been thinking about saving some more money by buying a Swedging Press..... Groaner.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads